• Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

I notice that most of the authors think that free images can be used freely for any purposes. But, keep in mind that, it is free to use/download but doesn’t mean it is free to resell or use in any commercial products.

The best way is to send an email to the creator and grant the permission properly if you really want to use the images in your template. Then, provide those info in the help file within the download.

4313 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
I notice that most of the authors think that free images can be used freely for any purposes. But, keep in mind that, it is free to use/download but doesn’t mean it is free to resell or use in any commercial products. The best way is to send an email to the creator and grant the permission properly if you really want to use the images in your template. Then, provide those info in the help file within the download.

Got it mate ;)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Or of course check the license – creative commons with the following notations – make sure you are able to use in a commercial product for distribution – can make alterations (cropping etc) and no doubt listing in your resources and giving full attribution to the author with a link to the file in your documentation.

That’s what I do.

by
by
by
by
by
by