1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I notice that most of the authors think that free images can be used freely for any purposes. But, keep in mind that, it is free to use/download but doesn’t mean it is free to resell or use in any commercial products.

The best way is to send an email to the creator and grant the permission properly if you really want to use the images in your template. Then, provide those info in the help file within the download.

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
I notice that most of the authors think that free images can be used freely for any purposes. But, keep in mind that, it is free to use/download but doesn’t mean it is free to resell or use in any commercial products. The best way is to send an email to the creator and grant the permission properly if you really want to use the images in your template. Then, provide those info in the help file within the download.

Got it mate ;)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Or of course check the license – creative commons with the following notations – make sure you are able to use in a commercial product for distribution – can make alterations (cropping etc) and no doubt listing in your resources and giving full attribution to the author with a link to the file in your documentation.

That’s what I do.

by
by
by
by
by
by