1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Hi guys, there is a thread on GR which is suggested by an author – http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/minicompetition-visual-rejection-guide-submissions/37129

I think this may help TF authors as well, so, do you think we should do this on TF? Will you post yours? How many of you would like to share your journey to get your first item approved on TF after hundreds of hours of works?

Just make it simple: a reject version and a accepted version.

PS: Please take note, this is not a competition. So, no cookies for you :) Just if you think you would like to share or help others, feel free to post it up!

2024 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
revaxarts says

My first item was approved yesterday so I could start:

Rejected

It looks to plain an padding/margin doesn’t fit. Also general spacing of elements

Approved

I changed the padding, the spacing and the corner radius. Furthermore some slight background and inner shadow for more details. I used some real images so customer can imagine how this template can work.

ps: both images are not displayed in original size so take a look at the originals to see the background

59 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
OxfordGroup says

Great idea Kailoon! That will be very helpful for the new members like me and for the veterans as well. The end results is more quality themes for TF and a better understanding of the approval/review process and what TF is seeking. :) Win=Win

542 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemesFever says

Aweosme, I hope learn lots of stuff here to improve my themes. Thanks :)

40 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
ukwebsolution says

Really like this idea :D

1950 posts Do the Needful
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I’ll post my latest WP submission once I make some more improvements (thanks to Kailoon for taking the time to point a few things out to me. He’s the man.)

95 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
bringthepixel says

This is our initial concept for Boomerang Theme (rejected PSD ): http://www.flickr.com/photos/bringthepixel/with/4949295504/

Reviewer words:
1. This is not aesthetic ready for psd template category. 2. This is more suitable for site template category and almost ready for that. I recommend to directly convert this into HTML /CSS and re-submit.

So we developed further and further the initial concept :) You can see accepted WP version here: http://boomerang.bringthepixel.com/

As you can see there is a big difference between before|after – thanks to reviewer.

OMG . Did I say reviewer? :D

137 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Graphitizer says

I am about to finish a new landing page template and I will definitely post here if it get’s rejected or soft-rejected for the first time. But, let’s not hope so :P

BTW really nice Idea!

Come on guys, post some more cases… We (newbies) would love to learn from.

327 posts just a random dude...
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
trendyWebStar says

I am about to finish my first theme soon….this thing is quite helpful for me…. :) as soon as i upload it…we’ll see was it worth it . . . :D

1383 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Here it is :)

Rejected

Too hard for users to add images, should be easier.

Approved

5 hours of hard work went into this :)

Here is also a screencast to demonstrate how it works http://screenr.com/IIt

by
by
by
by
by
by