174 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GraphiTivity says

hello friends,

here i am back again with more questions…

1. Ok! I am working on a News/Magazine theme and I want to give it a Fictional name somethign like “NEWSNOW” when i google it there are several sites by that name already… can i still use this name for my theme?

2. Request all authors to tell how much is the minimum to max time they had to wait for the theme to get approved. Please mention if it was a PSD file/ html / WP theme or any other file type along with min-max time that took for approval.

Happy Holidays! Cheers

3667 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

1) Depends in the name in question

2) review time can take anything from a few hours to several days depending on loads of factors like number of other files in the queue, if the reviewer needs a second opinion, the complexity of the file, any feedback the reviewer chooses to offer, holiday periods and so on

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

1) As charlie said depends on the name you couldn’t have a theme with “McPopularBrandName” and expect it to be fine

2) It’s currently Christmas, I believe all reviewers get their well earned break now so you’ll be waiting until 2014

174 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • India
GraphiTivity says

Thanks guy’s I understand theme approval depends on a lot of factors but just out of curiosity it’s nice to know numbers for your last submitted file type.

This is the name i have decided to use “NEWSNOW” for the theme may be one of the staff can let me know when they are back from holidays if i can use this.

Happy Holidays…

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by