i just purchased the summit theme, i go to install it and i get this error:
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.
Hi bsurb, as xstortionist mentioned above, you do need to unzip the downloaded package.
Please follow the steps below to rectify the issue or watch the screencast here.
- Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
- Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.