21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
andiszek says

Hello, i`m working on my first theme that i will try to release on TF and while checking the theme with the Them Check plugin, i got some Info and Error messages i`d like to ask you about.

1. Info: iFrames

some of my shortcodes (embed youtube, vimeo, google Docs PDF viewer, etc) use iFrames to display the content.

2. Info: hardcoded links

i developed a dashboard widget that links to a series of video and written WP tutorials, as well as to some documentation files hosted on googleDocs (publicly shared). all these links are hard-coded.

3. TimThumb Warnings

i get a lot of these

my question is:

if i explain the reviewer why i use iFrames and hardcoded links, will he ignore the Infos listed by ThemeCheck?

also, will he ignore the TimThumb warnings?

thanks in advance for your help! andi

21 posts
andiszek says

Hi, sorry to bump this, but isn`t anyone out there who could give me some advice regarding the iframe/timthumb/hardcoded item notices in ThemeCheck?

could a reviewer maybe chime in?

thanks, andi

1179 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
mabuc says

Hi andi,

glad you asked here, here’s my past experience about this stuff…

1. Info: iFrames some of my shortcodes (embed youtube, vimeo, google Docs PDF viewer, etc) use iFrames to display the content.
everybody used iframes so no worries about it, just an INFO

2. Info: hardcoded links i developed a dashboard widget that links to a series of video and written WP tutorials, as well as to some documentation files hosted on googleDocs (publicly shared). all these links are hard-coded.
thats ok.

3. TimThumb Warnings i get a lot of these
why not use custom post thumbnail feature on WP

also, will he ignore the TimThumb warnings? No you must fix all warnings you have

please make sure you fix all the WARNINGS and RECOMMENDED you get…

21 posts
andiszek says

Hi Mabuc, thank you for your answer!

regarding timthumb: i was thinking to get rid of it, but i see that lots of themes use it here. so i assumed it`s OK to use it.

you are right about the native WP image resizing. i`m testing AQ Resizer (made by a fellow TF member).

thanks again for your info! andi

FirestormGraphics
FirestormGraphics Recent Posts Threads Started
38 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FirestormGraphics says

in honesty i dont think you’ll have any issues with these errors, i recently carried out a theme check on an elite authors template and it threw up ALOT of errors including timthumb, ive also seen premium themes php warnings suppressed rather than fixed.

by
by
by
by
by
by