13 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
crerem says

Hello, I;m using theme check to validate my theme and i got these warnings for the code using recaptcha and for getting vimeo & youtube thumbs . Is this gonna be a problem during the review ?

Line 226: return strtr(base64_encode ($x), '+/', '-_');
WARNING: fwrite was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.
Line 84: fwrite($fs, $http_request);
WARNING: fsockopen was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.
Line 80: if( false == ( $fs = @fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr, 10) ) ) {
WARNING: file_get_contents was found in the file single.php possible file operations.
Line 143: $hash = unserialize(file_get_contents('http://vimeo.com/api/v2/video/$imgid.php'));
WARNING: file_get_contents was found in the file single-estate_property.php possible file operations.
Line 175: $hash = unserialize(file_get_contents('http://vimeo.com/api/v2/video/$imgid.php'));
WARNING: fclose was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.
Line 88: fclose($fs);
741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

You shouldn’t use base64 in your themes, these might cause problems during review.

You shouldn’t use file_get_contents, this may be disabled on some servers. Use wp_remote_get instead, here’s a codex entry on this function. It’s always a good idea to use WordPress API for things like that.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
crerem says

The base64 is used in recaptchalib.php , a library from Google. I don’t think i should even try to change that since it will probably mess up the code.

I will try to make the code with wp_remote_get , thanks for the tip :)

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
crerem says

I solved the file_get_contents with wp_remote_get . Anyone has any ideas for the recaptcha lib ?

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
imaginethat says

I’d also like to know what to do about these theme warnings I get from a theme I purchases on Themeforest:

WARNING: Found shell_exec in the file tmhUtilities.php. PHP sytem calls should be disabled by server admins anyway!.

Line 227: * This function works on nix systems only and requires shell_exec and stty.

Line 235: $style = shell_exec(‘stty -g’);

Line 238: shell_exec(‘stty -echo’);

Line 241: shell_exec(‘stty -icanon -echo min 1 time 0’);

Line 260: shell_exec(‘stty ’ . $style);

WARNING: Found base64_encode in the file tmhOAuth.php. base64_encode() is not allowed.

Line 380: base64_encode(

WARNING: Found base64_encode in the file recaptchalib.php. base64_encode() is not allowed.

Line 226: return strtr(base64_encode ($x), ’+/’, ’-_’);

WARNING: fwrite was found in the file tmhUtilities.php possible file operations.

Line 249: fwrite(STDOUT, ’\x08 \x08’);

Line 253: fwrite(STDOUT, ‘‘);

WARNING: fwrite was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.

Line 84: fwrite($fs, $http_request);

WARNING: fsockopen was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.

Line 80: if( false == ( $fs = @fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr, 10) ) ) {

WARNING: fopen was found in the file tmhUtilities.php possible file operations.

Line 219: $handle = fopen(‘php://stdin’,’r’);

WARNING: fclose was found in the file recaptchalib.php possible file operations.

Line 88: fclose($fs);

WARNING: curl_init was found in the file tmhOAuth.php possible file operations.

Line 589: $c = curl_init();

WARNING: curl_exec was found in the file tmhOAuth.php possible file operations.

Line 657: $response = curl_exec($c);

Thanks!

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc says

^ Hi imaginethat, welcome to ThemeForest, this is a general open forum. Are you referring to a specific theme you’ve purchased and need additional help with? If so, please post the name of the item. Thanks!

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
imaginethat says

Discover by FairPixels

by
by
by
by
by
by