28 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Elliot says

Hi everyone, just got my first submission rejected with this feedback

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.

The link to the theme is http://demo.themesrobot.com/asobi/

I’d like to know what are the aesthetic changes required, where is the inconsistent spacing and how can I improve the typography.

Thanks!

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Hello,

Quite a good start, but here are some things which I think you can improve :
  1. The header + slider looks quite plain. Perhaps you can try adding some effects / details?
  2. The logo will need to be more special / attractive
  3. The icons are dated. I would suggest you to use something more suited to your design.
  4. Spacing for the post needs improvement. Other places are quite ok, but this area is too crowded.
  5. At the same area (the post + testimonial), you need to add more details. That area looks more like an idea sketch than a final design.

That’s all for now. I think your theme can be accepted with some polishing. However, I personally would still like to ask you this question : What makes you think that a buyer will choose your theme over others in ThemeForest (i.e. what differentiates your theme from the rest)? I haven’t spotted a very unique feature in your theme which makes the buyers scream ‘I must buy this for that feature’.

Thanks and good luck!

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jhnsntmthy says

I must say, I like this theme. There isn’t anything that screams out to me “gotta have” but it definitely is very clean and friendly in all the right places.

I assume you made some typography changes in the past couple days, I dont see the same problems billyf did.

I would be missing some features like Photo Galleries, and other shortcodes. But I do love the buttons (one of the most important things I look for when buying)

I would like to see a little more love go into the contact page too. Map options, Address Phone # placement, and hours of operation I think are good elements to include.

by
by
by
by
by
by