• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

I don’t understand your response. This is a legitimate concern for any author. What’s wrong with discussing issues extremely relevant to the topic of Koken themes? If someone knows more about this than I do, speak up. If not, no worries.

I’m not going to spend time learning something if it won’t allow the usage I need, or 1/4 of my customers. You’re the one “promoting”, so give me a reason to use it instead of shutting down conversation.

I didn’t say anything about the size of the user base. I wouldn’t compare a v0.10 software with another on v3.x, nor did I. You’re the one making comparisons to WP. My comment was specific to the license being a potential obstacle in the growth of this CMS.

Any information would be helpful.

28 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
ronaldnztan says

I was promoting KOKEN simply because I wanted MORE options than the current three themes available here in the TF marketplace.

The topic or concern your brought up concerning legalities of hosting for several users is still beyond the scope of my thread. If you read my messages here, it relates me asking the any TF coders who might stumble here to consider making KOKEN themes for sale on the TF marketplace. It is ALL about themes, nothing about hosting or certain logistical questions and concerns.

Please know that I am not targeting you or anything personal related. I understand and I get your concerns; however, you best ask Mr. Dominey directly.

I am not affiliated with KOKEN. As a consumer, I simply want more options (products) for me to buy here on TF.

I don’t understand your response. This is a legitimate concern for any author. What’s wrong with discussing issues extremely relevant to the topic of Koken themes? If someone knows more about this than I do, speak up. If not, no worries.

I’m not going to spend time learning something if it won’t allow the usage I need, or 1/4 of my customers. You’re the one “promoting”, so give me a reason to use it instead of shutting down conversation.

I didn’t say anything about the size of the user base. I wouldn’t compare a v0.10 software with another on v3.x, nor did I. You’re the one making comparisons to WP. My comment was specific to the license being a potential obstacle in the growth of this CMS.

Any information would be helpful.
1020 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Parallelus says

I get it. As an author, I simply want to understand the license.

6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
CodeMonkey10 says

Hello,

I have actually emailed the guys at Koken a few months back regarding the license.

My question was: Can I provide a service where users can sign up and have an automatically created Koken site.

Answer: “Any use of the console as part of a hosted service is explicitly forbidden.”

However you ARE allowed to create premium Koken themes/plugins and sell them however you like, here on TF or your own Theme shop for example.

Koken is really good and Iv’e only used it for a few months. I definitely think it has potential.

1020 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Parallelus says

I have actually emailed the guys at Koken a few months back regarding the license.

My question was: Can I provide a service where users can sign up and have an automatically created Koken site.

Answer: “Any use of the console as part of a hosted service is explicitly forbidden.”

That’s very helpful, thanks for the information.

It sounds like this includes using it for a membership or paid content site, since those are also hosted services (although not hosting services).

With a restriction like that, I don’t see myself developing themes for Koken. This will severely limit the growth for any site needing to add a membership service in the future. I can imagine this being possible for many of my own sites.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
diegoangarita says

I personally think that if someone where to develop a theme similar to the AphotoFolio DesignX design and priced it right it would sell like crazy! I would maybe be interested in personally commissioning someone to make it for me if anyone wants to!

I also believe that Design X from Aphotofolio it’ll be a hit in what ever CMS platform will be created. As hamiltoncody said This template it seems to be the standard for advertising photographers as is one of the favourites for busy Art buyers that the doesn’t want to get loss with complex navigations. The only problem is if you go for Aphotofolio’s, the plan starts at US$1000 / year.

I got my website with Koken but definitely looking for a Design X alternative for my site http://www.freelanceretoucher.co.uk
2 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
diegoangarita says

I personally think that if someone where to develop a theme similar to the AphotoFolio DesignX design and priced it right it would sell like crazy! I would maybe be interested in personally commissioning someone to make it for me if anyone wants to!

I also believe that Design X from Aphotofolio it’ll be a hit in what ever CMS platform will be created. As hamiltoncody said This template it seems to be the standard for advertising photographers as is one of the favourites for busy Art buyers that the doesn’t want to get loss with complex navigations. The only problem is if you go for Aphotofolio’s, the plan starts at US$1000 / year.

I got my website with Koken but definitely looking for a Design X alternative for my site http://www.freelanceretoucher.co.uk

Just to prove the point on the Design X

here are some comments from people in the industry.

http://www.aphotoeditor.com/2008/07/25/a-photo-folio-new-website-design-company-for-photographers/
by
by
by
by
by
by