Hey guys, i’m curious to know how your Theme Development Environment looks like.
Do you develop Themes offline / online, are you using svn to follow your changes, do you setup your preview page plus a test version online where you can test updates etc.?
- SVN for coding mostly
- offline localhost development and testing
- Coding: Espresso - PHP Server – MAMP PRO - Version Control: none – I better change that! - Mobile Testing – MAMP PRO – http://www.philsbury.co.uk/blog/view-mamp-pro-sites-across-local-network
server: wampserver in localhost
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Item was Featured
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
As a designer/coder I currently use:
Photoshop, MAMP, Sublime Text 2 + Emmet + SCSS/Compass
I think our programmer use PSPAD instead.
Development starts on localhost and moves online when it becomes necessary.
- LocalHost with WampServer
- Sublime Text 2
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Often tests to make the code compatible on all browsers