49 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Thailand
khositeweb says

Hello, I have a question, I am subscribe to eleganttheme in licensed “Developer”, I customize one of their theme, my question, I have the right to sell the theme being customized? Sorry my english is not perfect. Thank you.

1328 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Elegant Themes use this license: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Read it carefully.

If you’re asking if you can sell a modified Elegant Themes theme here, the answer is definitely no.

49 posts
  • Located in Thailand
khositeweb says

Thank you for your answer, I’m not sure you understood my question. I do not mean to sell the theme as it is, I say sell the theme completely changed, maybe I should change the name? Thank you.

848 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

It does not matter if you have customized the theme or not. Because I understand you would not be changing the design much, probably the name, color scheme, and even add a few features. But no, you can not sell the theme here even with a developers license.
I dont think you would be able to change the theme completely, if thats what you want to do, why not just make a new theme ground up? As long as the theme was designed by Elegant Themes, its their property, and all you have is a license.

543 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

+1 to uziiuzair comment

There are dozens of free WP frameworks which you can use for your WP theme for ThemeForest. Just use Google. It doesn’t mean that it will be easy, but if you are looking for the easy way to get money, ThemeForest is not the place, not without hard work (in most cases).

430 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Chile
NCDesigner says

+1 uziiuzair and LubosVolovar comments

49 posts
  • Located in Thailand
khositeweb says

Okay, this is what I wanted to know what, it’s normal. @LubosVolovar, easy money? No, I do not think, I spent a lot of time to modified the theme. he has nothing to do with the original theme. Hence my question. Thank you for answering me so quickly, for me the matter is closed, thank you again.

by
by
by
by
by
by