• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

Hola,

I’m posting this thread because I need your opinion.

I don’t want to be the guy that always complains and causes trouble, but I noticed a new file that has elements almost identical to mine (specifically the footer). It’s also in the same category as my file (Churches).

Side-by-side comparison: http://tinyurl.com/y9hzlry

Should I say something?

64 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Kiss_Collective says

I don’t see what the problem is. So the other dude likes rolling hills in the footer too, so what? I mean come on, how many church design clichés are there? Not many right? Overlap is inevitable.

Doves, crucifixes, beams of light, warm colors…peace

821 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
wpbakery says

I don’t think that you should say something, overall templates are completely different.

741 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says
I don’t see what the problem is. So the other dude likes rolling hills in the footer too, so what? I mean come on, how many church design clichés are there? Not many right? Overlap is inevitable. Doves, crucifixes, beams of light, warm colors…peace

+1

I don’t see that much similarity here. Maybe something in typography and of course the hill in the footer, but I don’t think it’s such a big deal.

I would leave it as it is :)

329 posts
  • Albania
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Katro says

I dont see anything in common except the crosses in the footer! ill put them in my theme too, what r u going to say that i copy your idea?? no i got it last night when i was praying for design! Cmmon people!

123 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
adam_robinson says

to be honest it think you have a point. the footer is a complete copy. Dont be afraid to stand up and protect your work. In the end of the day you here to make money not make friends. The rest of the site may not be a copy but the footer is blatantly copied. I would send the author a message about the footer first before taking any other action.

125 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
Eight7Teen says
to be honest it think you have a point. the footer is a complete copy. Dont be afraid to stand up and protect your work. In the end of the day you here to make money not make friends. The rest of the site may not be a copy but the footer is blatantly copied. I would send the author a message about the footer first before taking any other action.

How on earth do you figure that footer is a blatant copy? The colors are different. The hills are different. The CROSSES are even different… I don’t see ANY similarity aside from the fact that there happen to be 3 crosses in both footers.

329 posts
  • Albania
  • Exclusive Author
Katro says

Good artists copy, Great artists steal! Picasso

Youca cant never find out if it is a copy or not! i don`t understand this, how can you still continue thinking that is a copy, is normal, it has to have some crosses somewhere, the only thing that is on the left side of the footer as yours does not make it a “COPY” if you are afraid that he is going to sell more, than is true! i have to say i like more the second one!

146 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
0703 says

yesterday there was a similar situation on tf. the reason was a maybe similar design and use of icons on vcards. the thread is closed actually but still covers the same problem like you think you have now. i can see the footer as a maybe copy and would get in touch with this author asap. but honestly, its not a copy to me, its more an inspiration adopted from you, since it looks different. i dont wanna get or make troubles, but a few themes look realy the same in colours typography, layout in general – but not here. a quote form yesterday was “80% here is an copy of a copy, that why it is a marketplace.”

sorry i cant be a better help at the moment, i would leave it as it is

2 posts
danielt says

Dude you are not the first who was stolen by someone else

Take a look at these themes. Same structure, same menu, same disposition, diferent styles:

original: [link removed]

copy: [link removed]

Envato should have a place where you could be able to denounce these king of robberies.. I meant COPY . =)

by
by
by
by
by
by