faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

Hey Guys!

I converted a PSD for a friend to HTML , and then submitted to TF but it was rejected as the design standards don’t meet the Themeforest standards.

Could I get some feedback on what I can change, I know the contact page definitely needs updating as it totally sucks. So any feedback that doesn’t include the contact page.

The site is here

TIA

Regards

1588 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

First of all you set #content_holder width to 1250px; making scroll on low res monitors. Design is good but need more jquery enhanced features. see themes on ThemeForest to get idea regarding for more features what i am saying.

43 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
+1 more
kete says

Well, the base is very nice (maybe a little bit common) but I like it. Here is a list of what I think you need to fix.

· The tipography is too common, as I can see below the slider.

· Footer’s gradient doesn’t fit with the slider’s background. Try something like the slider but in dark colors for the footer. I also see too much clean space between line and line of text.

· After looking at Kaleidoscopic App’s website, I’m sorry to say that this logo sucks…

· In portfolio page, first of all, redesign the slogan, by changing the tipography. BUTTONS ! Let’s check another time kaleidoscopeapp.com please. Your buttons are too “agressive” for me… Probably with corners like in that website, and use some friendly colors.

· Go to contact page, In what page am I? Is is contact, or blog? :) I can read the text below without my glasses… You can try using rounded corners boxes for inputs.

· In the blog, I’m missing some pictures of wall-e… hahaha :) The idea of including date and comments is great but, as I can see, the text isn’t well aligned and colors look another time very “agressive”... The same with pagination.

I think that if you fix that, your theme will be approved here. Anyway, good luck! :)

NOTE : Hope you can understand my poor english ;)

faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

Thank you so much Kete for the feedback and I have made some amendments based on your feedback.

Anyone else able to offer any more advice before I resubmit it

I am not a designer and the original designer has gone awol leaving me to improve this as much as I can

Thanks in Advance

43 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
+1 more
kete says
faevilangel_designs said
Thank you so much Kete for the feedback and I have made some amendments based on your feedback.

Anyone else able to offer any more advice before I resubmit it

I am not a designer and the original designer has gone awol leaving me to improve this as much as I can

Thanks in Advance

You are welcome!

I have checked that website right now and it looks much better! But I’m missing something yet… Anyway,

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by