1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
nickthornton says

I’m a content producer and need the capacity to build efficient, aestheically sound sites without having to coordinate with a programer. I bought the [name removed] theme. Here are some highlights of my experience so far:

Sliders are buggy-one has been successfully implemented, but it has to reload every time it loops to the first pic. Tedious and not acceptable.

-Shortcode generator is a flop. When it does embed a youtube or vimeo video successfully, it completely screws up the other basic functions in the text editor, like, say italicizing. One post had to be passed off to a coder to be completely revamped.

-text editor is funky, even when not embedding video.

-what’s the deal with envato only allowing you to load in $10 increments, meaning I had to pay $50 for my $45 theme, and meaning I’ll have to make another purchase to make use of my remaining $5 of credit. This is beyond shameful. It’s illegal.

This experience has been crap. As someone who doesn’t know his arse from a jar of vicks when it comes to coding, I have successfully built sites before, on wordpress, and more recently, squarespace. The latter experience wasn’t without it’s own bugs, but I can say clearly after this experience with the [name removed] theme that I will be exhausting market options before returning to theme forest, or for that matter, wordpress, and as a journalist will definitely be following up to see if my experience is unique, or if the symptoms of monopoly are deleteriously affecting the market of online publishing options.

3227 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

I cannot speak for the theme personally as Ive never used it but.. If a theme isnt working as advertised you can contact support http://support.envato.com/

-what’s the deal with envato only allowing you to load in $10 increments, meaning I had to pay $50 for my $45 theme, and meaning I’ll have to make another purchase to make use of my remaining $5 of credit. This is beyond shameful. It’s illegal.

You can purchase any theme without adding credit to the site(theres a 2 dollar fee to cover extra charges)

adding credits to a site is fully legal, as I stated above they give you the option to purchase a theme without adding credit.

5371 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hi! This is a general ThemeForest forum. For product-specific support, please contact the author of that theme through their profile page. You can find the profile page by clicking the author avatar on the product page.

And I had to remove the references to the theme as forum rules prohibit personal attacks or calling out particulars authors or themes on the forum. Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by