675 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+11 more
cudazi Envato team says

I’ve even got a person that didn’t want to buy the theme because I didn’t include the .ai file for the logo!.

Now that I think about it, I had a similar request on an early theme…makes me wonder how many use the default logo for their business. Maybe I should team up with a logo designer…

Thanks for the replies on this, I was just curious. :)

388 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

In most cases the logo used on the theme itself also makes up the thumbnail on the market and part of the preview image. It’s worth baring in mind the marketing role it will play before you dismiss it as an after thought.

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

Now that I think about it, I had a similar request on an early theme…makes me wonder how many use the default logo for their business. Maybe I should team up with a logo designer…

then it should be a really cheap logo designer, cause otherwise it wouldn’t be worth it.

and also why should buyers use a default logo of a theme that hundreds or thousands of ppl purchased? that’s a theme logo, not their personal brand/identity… if that’s the case the buyer isn’t a professional, cause otherwise it would be worth it for him to pay for a logo if he cannot create one himself.

421 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
MASSIX says

then it should be a really cheap logo designer, cause otherwise it wouldn’t be worth it.

and also why should buyers use a default logo of a theme that hundreds or thousands of ppl purchased? that’s a theme logo, not their personal brand/identity… if that’s the case the buyer isn’t a professional, cause otherwise it would be worth it for him to pay for a logo if he cannot create one himself.

When a guy is buying a theme, because he can´t write good html or php than he´s also not a professional. When a guy buy a wordpress theme, because he can´t convert a web design in wordpress than he´s also not a professional. So thats the reason why guys buy theme after theme here and thats also the reason why guys also use logos of themes, because they are no professionals ;)

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

When a guy is buying a theme, because he can´t write good html or php than he´s also not a professional. When a guy buy a wordpress theme, because he can´t convert a web design in wordpress than he´s also not a professional. So thats the reason why guys buy theme after theme here and thats also the reason why guys also use logos of themes, because they are no professionals ;)

what about graphic designers who cannot code? there are a lot of those professionals out there, and other kinds of digital artists, and they pay for a custom logo or make one themself… the usual logo designer cannot code too, but he creates awesome logos/identities, so he is a professional, correct me if I’m wrong :)

I meant designers in general. I’m sure you know yourself how much a logo costs. just saying :)

by
by
by
by
by
by