31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
KomiDesign says

Hi guys.Since i didn’t found any thread related to my question i’ve decided to create a new one. I was wondering, is it possible to modify one of your existing theme globally ?I mean it is allowed on themeforest to do major changes to a theme, changing the entire design (optional,even changing the name) ?

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hi guys.Since i didn’t found any thread related to my question i’ve decided to create a new one. I was wondering, is it possible to modify one of your existing theme globally ?I mean it is allowed on themeforest to do major changes to a theme, changing the entire design (optional,even changing the name) ?

No. :)

161 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
themebros says

If you meant doing all that and submitting the theme to TF as your own, then the answer is no.

But if you meant doing all that for a client or whatever ( not submitting to TF or another marketplace as your own theme )then the answer is yes.

31 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
KomiDesign says

I’m talking only for themeforest.I was thinking to exclude the entire bootstrap parts from one of my theme.So what if i keep the same design,look, name etc. but re-developed ?

499 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I don’t know the official answer, but I’ve been publishing solid updates to my framework, sometimes which changes the output (most notably moving from the Theme Options panel I had to using the Theme Customizer API) without any problems. I upload these as updates though, not different products.

I would be careful though. If your theme doesn’t make it on the top charts it’s shelf life is probably pretty minimal to be dedicated a lot of time to really upping it’s game. After you’re buried in the crowd of themes – you’re buried for good.

by
by
by
by
by
by