26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
KomiDesign says

Hi guys.Since i didn’t found any thread related to my question i’ve decided to create a new one. I was wondering, is it possible to modify one of your existing theme globally ?I mean it is allowed on themeforest to do major changes to a theme, changing the entire design (optional,even changing the name) ?

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Hi guys.Since i didn’t found any thread related to my question i’ve decided to create a new one. I was wondering, is it possible to modify one of your existing theme globally ?I mean it is allowed on themeforest to do major changes to a theme, changing the entire design (optional,even changing the name) ?

No. :)

161 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

If you meant doing all that and submitting the theme to TF as your own, then the answer is no.

But if you meant doing all that for a client or whatever ( not submitting to TF or another marketplace as your own theme )then the answer is yes.

26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
KomiDesign says

I’m talking only for themeforest.I was thinking to exclude the entire bootstrap parts from one of my theme.So what if i keep the same design,look, name etc. but re-developed ?

419 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I don’t know the official answer, but I’ve been publishing solid updates to my framework, sometimes which changes the output (most notably moving from the Theme Options panel I had to using the Theme Customizer API) without any problems. I upload these as updates though, not different products.

I would be careful though. If your theme doesn’t make it on the top charts it’s shelf life is probably pretty minimal to be dedicated a lot of time to really upping it’s game. After you’re buried in the crowd of themes – you’re buried for good.

by
by
by
by
by
by