578 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ryan says

Hi everyone!

I’ve just deployed the (almost finished) theme previewer. So if you head off to an item (say, this one for example), and click on the image, you’ll see it.

Now, there were about three or four (I think) templates that barfed when we tried to resize the images, so you may notice some here and there that aren’t working – we’re on it, and I’ll post back here when it’s fixed.

Also, we still have to paginate the thumbnails, so templates such as this one are going to have thumbnails all over the place.

And also, we’re going to make it obvious on the item page that when you click on the image it’ll open the preview, excellent.

One nice feature is there’s a backlink to the item’s page on TF, as on FD we noticed a lot of people bookmark the full screen preview and then can’t find the item when they go back to it, so you guys got this feature first :) FD will have it finally in the next couple of days.

I think it looks pretty sweet so far :) Anyway, enjoy!

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
flips says

Looks great ryan. I was going to say nice choice of template for the example cough cough :) but then I noticed you also used one of mine as an example of one which didn’t work so well in preview mode, ha ha, oh well.

But seriously it does look good and good call on the backlinking from the preview as well.

578 posts
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
ryan says

Hey guys, just found another problem that was affecting possibly half of the template images. I’ve just deployed a fix for that, so there really should only be a few templates that are not displaying correctly.

@flips no worries! What is it about your preview that isn’t making it look nice? Something we can help with?

225 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
clinton says

You are easily the best developer working for Envato. You rock!

1799 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

YEaaa! The preview looks really good but will there come a live preview, too? Anyway it looks so great! Respect ;D

578 posts
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
ryan says

Hey Broof :) Yep we’re working on the live previews to see if we can make it seamless and feasible, expect to hear more about those in the future. We plan to have an interim, optional ‘live demo’ URL if you really want to host it on your own servers… Not ideal for everyone as far as we’re concerned but it’ll fill the gap in the meantime while we figure out how we can do it properly.

449 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
vahid Envato team says

YAY – I am sure the FlashDen guys can’t wait to get this…

33 posts
+3 more
flips says

@ryan, The light and shadow template has quite a few screenshots and they overlap the logo and text near the top right.

Also weirdly I’ve just noticed that it doesn’t show the first screenshot on the item page, it shows the contact page example not the homepage? Shouldn’t it be picking up the screenshot beginning with a number 1 first?

Still like I said ryan great work.

33 posts
+3 more
flips says

The not showing of the first screenshot incidentally happens on three of my templates. The only common theme between them is they have more than five screenshots, which my others don’t. Hope that might be of some help.

578 posts
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
ryan says

Ah, yes you’re right, that isn’t supposed to be happening. I’ve just fixed the sorting, and now your images are being shown in the right order and the right image is shown on the item page :) You may have to do a hard refresh (I did).

Well, that’s it from me for today, any other issues just post in this thread! Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by