120 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
cdavidson says

Hey guys. a theme of mine was rejected due to not working in IE 6 . (i knew this)

but i DO NOT support this browser anymore as it is the thorn in designers sides.

why do you allow us to state that it wont work in this waaaay outdated pile of junk yet the theme will still be rejected if it doesnt work in this browser.

am i guessing i cant submit anymore themes to tf if i dont support IE 6 ? wich would be weird if i cant.

Cheers lads Chris

478 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

Indeed, when submitting, there’s an option if it works in ie6 or not, I guess if you select no then the reviewers should have seen that and not reject it because of that issue.Because they would’ve stated as a rule to make your templates work in all major browsers. I had this issue but it was just a simple fix, if yours can be a simple fix also, then why not do it, if not well, I dunno, that’ll be up to what the rules are with the options of selecting browsers for which your template works properly on.

120 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
cdavidson says
Indeed, when submitting, there’s an option if it works in ie6 or not, I guess if you select no then the reviewers should have seen that and not reject it because of that issue.Because they would’ve stated as a rule to make your templates work in all major browsers. I had this issue but it was just a simple fix, if yours can be a simple fix also, then why not do it, if not well, I dunno, that’ll be up to what the rules are with the options of selecting browsers for which your template works properly on.

hehe yeah it normaly isnt a problem making it work in ie 6 if its been built with that in mind. but ive went to the point were i just no longer care about ie 6. so i never bothering even trying to make the theme work in it.

works fine in ie 7, 8 and ff 2 and 3 .

tbh the kind of theme it is i cant see anyone even going to that kind of website that still uses ie 6 lol (its a showcase gallery theme)

was hopeing the reviewer would see this and quickly resolve it as wanted it on for tonight before bed heh.

1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Hi CAMS ,

I totally understand your feeling about IE6 , I also wish to not support it anymore. But, there is rule in TF where all template/theme need to be compatible to all major browsers. We accept minor different but in your case, the differences are quite obvious.

Actually, the fix is very very simple. Get a pngfix js and check the margin and width of the sidebar and the top part ( if I still remember which theme you are talking about :P )

I hope this help :)

120 posts
+3 more
cdavidson says
Hi CAMS ,

I totally understand your feeling about IE6 , I also wish to not support it anymore. But, there is rule in TF where all template/theme need to be compatible to all major browsers. We accept minor different but in your case, the differences are quite obvious.

Actually, the fix is very very simple. Get a pngfix js and check the margin and width of the sidebar and the top part ( if I still remember which theme you are talking about :P )

I hope this help :)

yeah but IE 6 isnt a major browser these days. its a small majority that still use it. (think it was like 10% or less) and with ie 8 released that will be even smaller.

so realy it shouldnt be a problem :P

so will the themes not be accepted if i state in the dropdown thats supplyed that IE 6 isnt compatible?

just weird why we are supplyed with the choice in the drop down yet it doesnt say it “has” to work (or there wouldnt be an option to choose)

can you forward this thread to someone that can give a solid answer if all themes/templates “have” to work in ie 6 or there not allowed?

cheers for the response tho chap :)

120 posts
+3 more
cdavidson says

got some help from a chap on twitter and now able to fix these ie 6 problems alot simpler.

so may just be less of a headache now.

just fixing that theme up just now. coming up for 4am tho so may not be abe to submit again till 2morrow.

by
by
by
by
by
by