6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
quasar_themes says

Is there something going on here? :-s How is it even possible that the theme would be reviewed under 5 mins? After 2 days of modifications, changes and cleaning up the bugs, the reviewer bothered to give only 5 mins of his/her day?

I don’t understand what originality, uniqueness and new ideas is Themeforest asking for when they don’t even give 5 mins of their time to a theme :|

There are no PHP errors, warnings or such and the design is different than the ones found here on so maybe there is something else? Can anyone give any input on this? :(

“The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.”

What is this supposed to mean?

Edit: I accidentally posted this on Themeforest category instead of Item Discussion – my bad! Can anyone move into Item Discussions? :|:|

1768 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If the theme’s design is not good enough, you can see it in the first 20 seconds, you don’t need an hour for it. Try posting a link to the demo here for feedback

6 posts
quasar_themes says

Well, okay! I posted the link earlier as well and got some feedback that was implemented but again it was rejected – don’t know the real reason though :s because, to me, the design looks unlike the other themes here but then again, who knows? The others will know better if it is appealing :s

http://quasarthemes.x10.mx/varahi/
767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

Suggestion: Please don’t override browsers’ default scrolling with javascript esp. when its just plain-old vertical scrolling along the page. I won’t be surprised if the reviewers reject items only because of this practice.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

It’s not about other themes. It’s about the graphic quality. Ugly typography, ugly spacing, ugly color combination. Graphic design is hard.

1768 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

this section looks awful http://prntscr.com/1iqq2v

the rest of the theme isn’t that great as well, I don’t see what you see that unique in your theme, since the elements you have in there are in most of the recently approved themes.

And yes, the custom scroll sucks

1135 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

I hate this stupid scroll!!! Do whatever you want but just don’t override this part.

41 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
Makins says

It doesn’t seem all that unique to me, I think it’s a lot like all the other one page themes that have been flooding Themeforest lately.

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
saputrad says

It’s not about other themes. It’s about the graphic quality. Ugly typography, ugly spacing, ugly color combination. Graphic design is hard.
+1

I also agreed with FinalDestiny (I think it’s just a piece of the rejection reasons).
You have a lot tasks then… Try also to be more consistent on the spacing http://awesomescreenshot.com/0421kajf68
Take a looks at the top author’s works, you should feel the different quality, just how reviewers said that yours not “meet our aesthetic and technical requirements”...

Good luck with next submission! ;-)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
1theme says

Yesterday we also received email from moderators “Unfortunately your submission Sole – Unique Premium Photography WordPress Theme isn’t ready for ThemeFores …”

Can you give us some feedback about what you think about quality and originality for our theme http://demo.1theme.com/sole/

Thank you

by
by
by
by
by
by