101 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
PixelBook says

Hello! My first wordpress theme and my first rejection :) The reason for rejection: Your template’s design does not meet our quality standards at this time and will need significant improvements before it will be ready to be reviewed again. You might consider taking a look at some of our popular premium items to get a better idea for the quality level of graphics, typography and general design that we require for approval.

I’ve made some minor improvements to the forms, buttons and got rid of some unnecessary padding, but I don’t know what to do further.

Link to the theme: http://pixelthemes.net/artwork/

I woul really appreciate some advice

101 posts
+2 more
PixelBook says

anyone?

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
lastrose says

I just took a quick look and in the footer, the margin between the section headings and the first item is inconsistent. the image and form are higher than the text. the twitter feed looks a little messy and difficult to distinguish between posts at first glance (takes a second or two to realize it)

The footer headings lack impact, The social media icons heading “keep in touch” in particular seems to be lost in the footer, perhaps a bit more margin, or make the headings have bit more impact. the footer also looks a little bland, a light texture or gradient might help bring it up a little.

The about us section The tab box is nice, but the header title is larger than the tabs (taking attention away from them) and the margin between the header and the tabs is too much The band of color with about us is a huge waste of valuable space. especially the right side. The eye looks there for information, and doesn’t find it. the next place the eye looks is the search (1px off between the search box and button in firefox btw) The side bar’s headings are too prominent, making it look more important than the main content beside it.

I didn’t look much farther I’m sorry, but I hope this gives you a bit of a start. Good Work.

101 posts
+2 more
PixelBook says

thanks for the tips, lastrose.

I replaced the footer heading from h3 to h2 and added a little more margin. As for adding a footer gradient, the footer color can be changed with a colorpicker, so it’s kind of hard to make a transparent png. In the about page the spacing can be removed because it’s a shortcode so this souldn’t be an issue. I’m looking though the site looking to make some other improvements but no luck so far

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
NypexTech says

I liked your whole design. sooner or later .. It will definitely get approved. lastrose had put some good points though, should work on that as well. and all the best with your design.

308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

Neat. It looks like 90% Striking and 10% my theme.

329 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

Can’t believe how much of a copy this is of the Striking theme. It’s unbelievable.

123 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+6 more
Sara_p says

Try to be original. Try a different layout. Now the best sellers are different from others :)

by
by
by
by
by
by