10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
jsingh2011 says

Hi Guys ! I submitted by first theme yesterday and it was rejected. The reason given was:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

I’m a novice in the web design game so can you guys help me understand the pitfalls in my design. Please check url http://magento.jsinghtechnologies.com/. Will really appreciate your valuable feedback.

57 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Europe
Blunny says

I really like the floating navigation bar with the transparent font, even though I’m not quite sure how useful it would be on an eCommerce site :-) I think on a site like that, seeing your cart would be more important, but that’s just a personal opinion.

The product boxes take quite a lot of space. If you’re thinking about a typical store that would use Magento, they would probably have a lot of stuff to sell. On my smaller laptop, only three products at a time could be seen on screen; on the larger one, four. I would drastically reduce the size of the product boxes so that perhaps only a photo of the product would be seen and the price and then additional information when hovered over.

I also had some issues with the product images not scaling with the boxes, and it looks like they’re not quite centered within the box.

There are also some other smaller things with visibility and fonts and what looks like lack of CSS styling, but I would definitely start with the usability issues.

Best of luck! I hope you’ll get it accepted eventually! :-)

10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
jsingh2011 says

I really like the floating navigation bar with the transparent font, even though I’m not quite sure how useful it would be on an eCommerce site :-) I think on a site like that, seeing your cart would be more important, but that’s just a personal opinion.

The product boxes take quite a lot of space. If you’re thinking about a typical store that would use Magento, they would probably have a lot of stuff to sell. On my smaller laptop, only three products at a time could be seen on screen; on the larger one, four. I would drastically reduce the size of the product boxes so that perhaps only a photo of the product would be seen and the price and then additional information when hovered over.

I also had some issues with the product images not scaling with the boxes, and it looks like they’re not quite centered within the box.

There are also some other smaller things with visibility and fonts and what looks like lack of CSS styling, but I would definitely start with the usability issues.

Best of luck! I hope you’ll get it accepted eventually! :-)

Thanks for feedback Blunny ! What do you think of the Typography ?

57 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Europe
Blunny says

I think there are many others much more qualified than I to answer that, but… I don’t personally care for the shadows in some of the fonts. Otherwise, it’s kind of hard to say, as I think the layout in general should be a bit different. When there’s more space between the elements, and not within the product boxes, it would be easier to spot things like that.

10 posts
jsingh2011 says

I think there are many others much more qualified than I to answer that, but… I don’t personally care for the shadows in some of the fonts. Otherwise, it’s kind of hard to say, as I think the layout in general should be a bit different. When there’s more space between the elements, and not within the product boxes, it would be easier to spot things like that.

Thanks ! will try and modify the layout.

10 posts
jsingh2011 says

Hey Guys ! What do think of the Nav menu ? Is the font too big ? Looking for constructive criticism

68 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
nackle2k10 says

@jsingh2011, I think you’re almost there. It’s just in my opinion, thick border and shadow not really fit each other. For the navigation I think it’s kinda buggy for the hovered menu without children. the add to cart button almost unreadable. These are just my opinions, hope can help you.

10 posts
jsingh2011 says

@jsingh2011, I think you’re almost there. It’s just in my opinion, thick border and shadow not really fit each other. For the navigation I think it’s kinda buggy for the hovered menu without children. the add to cart button almost unreadable. These are just my opinions, hope can help you.

Thanks for the feedback nackle2k10 ! I was skeptical about the navigation myself. Anyways, I’m giving it a completely new look now.

8 posts
    Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
orbitalatx says

IMO you have too much information in the bottom footer. make the credit card logos smaller and put them up top along with the social icons. Remember the most important thing people see when they come to the site is the top part of the website. That needs to be your gold spot. otherwise looks good!

10 posts
jsingh2011 says

IMO you have too much information in the bottom footer. make the credit card logos smaller and put them up top along with the social icons. Remember the most important thing people see when they come to the site is the top part of the website. That needs to be your gold spot. otherwise looks good!

Thanks for the suggestions orbitalatx ! I will definitely make the icons smaller but instead of placing them with social icons i was thinking of interchanging there positions. I have seen that in most themes social icons are at the bottom. What say ?

by
by
by
by
by
by