2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Hahaconda says

Hi,

I’m new to Themeforest and just submitted my first Drupal theme….it was rejected due to aesthetics. Can I please get some help on things to work on to make it acceptable?

It’s located here: SoftElegant Browse through pages to see features. It’s responsive theme

I wasn’t given much more to go on other than “requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered”. “The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.”

I just don’t know what needs to be done. I looked at themes on here to make sure that it wasn’t too similar to others…. I’m stuck. I reviewed other themes from Drupal section, and they are not so good as could be, for example this http://incredible.envato.tabvn.com/demo.php This really very simple, or basic, where is aesthetics?

173 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

I don’t want to go into detail but this is terrible in terms of typography ->too many all over the place, html styling, alignment and in general just poor design.

I would start over again. And don’t post links to other themes. It is not allowed and in general you’re more likely to be wrong than right.

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hahaconda says

Thanks for your review. I will think about typography and alignment, maybe here is the key lack.

But also i am not agree about overal design elements- i reveiwed tons of themes here, and 90% of them use the same icons, the same CSS3 transitions, basic Twitter bootstrap buttons etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by