11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Shoomury says

Hi,

you can see my new theme on this link. This theme was hard rejected. For me it looks good, so can you give me feedback that I can improve it to pass TF standards?

Thanks

478 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Located in Europe
+3 more
rayoflightt says

This looks good for me too. Only background pattern could be the problem and I would try without it. And maybe smaller body font size. Did you get specific reason for rejection?

470 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

I find it very good and stylish. The only thing that disturbs me a little bit is too strong blur effect applied onto images (on slider; and by the way–you used a remarkable and fresh option to drag images manually).

There is a couple of things which could be improved (main icons are not pixel-perfect, justified text in text widget (on sidebar), orphans on About The Author, padding between paragraphs in blog posts could be increased as well as font-size) but these things are really minor ones and definitely are not the reason of rejection.

I wish I could give you an advice what to change but seriously, I do not see anything screaming. Try to ask the reviewers and get from them more specified explanation why the template was hard rejected.

26 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Slovakia
PatrikZiduliak says

I noticed that you have several h1 elements on your page. Personally, I think that there should be only one h1. Well, several h1 headings don’t actually harm anything visually. However it’s not good for the semantics. The h1 should describe the site, or perhaps the current page. And even if you use more h1 elements, they should be describing the site, they should not be used like you used them in “Why Us” section. I don’t see a reason, why features are displayed in h1. The semantics are just not right.

And even bing says that:
“Every page should include a single h1 tag.”
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff724059(v=expression.40).aspx

Also check out this article: http://www.seounique.com/blog/multiple-h1-tags-triggers-google-penalty/

It’s just my opinion, many people will disagree.

11 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Shoomury says

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

The worst thing for me is that this theme was hard rejected without any specific note. Also, is it strange that you can find similar themes which are accepted?

478 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Located in Europe
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Also, is it strange that you can find similar themes which are accepted?

No. It’s common.

Ask reviewers for more specific explanation.

by
by
by
by
by
by