• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
DeityThemes says

Theme Preview: http://deity.es/anubisWP

Ok, this is the last rejected reasons:

We’re sorry, your item Anubis Ultimate WP Theme has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our current quality standards, your template has been declined.

We’ve increased our approval standards in aspects such as graphics and overall aesthetics as well as code quality. Templates will now need to offer a higher level of quality in aspects such as aesthetics, unique design, features and code. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sorry but this theme is not aesthetic ready for ThemeForest and it will be very hard to be improved to follow ThemeForest’s standards. It requires too many improvements in terms of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and aesthetic quality.

Seriously, with this type of revisions advices, how the authors can improve his themes ???

Well we make all the changues suggested by the forums users, and as many as possible suggested by the revisors. My question is this:

Should we leave alone this wp theme after lost more than 1 week with the improvements and changues suggested?

Please some advice for us…

Tyvm.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

1) On homepage widgets, you have align:justify, change it to “left”. Justify adds uneven spaces between words and it’s harder to read then.

2) The alignment throughout the theme could be more strict, see:

3) I made some quick edits with firebug, to align and improve the hierarchy. You and also others snooping around this thread could benefit from this since it’s hard to find before&after examples of spacing etc. I know it’s not perfect or your cup of tea, but it should give you some ideas you can play with.

4) Keep in mind the contrasts and focus points in your theme. You can do so by zooming out and blur it with gaussian blur. What stands out now too much is the dark post image – use something more lighter, something more in balance with the rest of the theme. By selecting the right images in your themes, you can make them blend with the design and create a wonderful integrity. You can also play with a composition inside your images, to play along with spacing and focus points around in the theme itself. There is so much fun you can do with them that you wouldn’t believe it :)

5) Read about design theory. Google something about golden ratio, grid systems, vertical rhythm, etc. Here are some good articles for example:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/settingtypeontheweb/

http://tympanus.net/codrops/2011/01/14/visual-movement-flow/

The more “rules” you will know the more you will begin to understand the “why” behind design.

Best of luck with the approval, you just need to keep trying and don’t give up.

356 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
FutureSight says

Love your post Freshface :)

I just went through quite few articles about all these things which you and iKreative keep mentioning.

Now I feel like I have to spend much more work on my drafts to call them layouts :) But at least I learned how to do it right! Thanks to Scott from iKreative – he is a great man!

356 posts
+4 more
FutureSight says

Oh one more thing, I’m happy that Envato is increasing quality barrier, etc. but at the same time “quite good” theme could get proper reviewer comment suggesting directly which parts got issues.

I understand that if some1 is making silly mistakes like me at first time – it just means I was not educated enough to get accepted, but if reviver would point out where current author is lacking than we would see much less threads asking for help. People like iKreative and few others wouldn’t have to explain same thing all over again.

Also I think it lacks with respect towards the author as well, some guys spend 40-50+ h on one project just to get rejected without proper explanation where they do mistakes. It’s a bit silly IMO , some people probably would say rude.

14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
DeityThemes says

Oh one more thing, I’m happy that Envato is increasing quality barrier, etc. but at the same time “quite good” theme could get proper reviewer comment suggesting directly which parts got issues.

I understand that if some1 is making silly mistakes like me at first time – it just means I was not educated enough to get accepted, but if reviver would point out where current author is lacking than we would see much less threads asking for help. People like iKreative and few others wouldn’t have to explain same thing all over again.

Also I think it lacks with respect towards the author as well, some guys spend 40-50+ h on one project just to get rejected without proper explanation where they do mistakes. It’s a bit silly IMO , some people probably would say rude.

+1

@freshface : Your comment its the best critique / advice i have seen in themeforest ( reviewers icluded) you should be a reviewer too. Really thanks.

356 posts
+4 more
FutureSight says

@freshface : Your comment its the best critique / advice i have seen in themeforest ( reviewers icluded) you should be a reviewer too. Really thanks.
+10
by
by
by
by
by
by