65 posts MeanThemes
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

I’ve been trying to get my latest theme approved for about a week now.

Initially, the feedback was a couple of small points, then when I sent it back with the points fixed there were 3 more points – subjective opinion based on the design. I went back and asked for a 2nd review and was told by 2nd reviewer that I had to make the amendments. So I made the amendments.

Then on the next review there were 5 new points, subjective design issues that were around since the first review.

So I made those amendments and thought I’d change the category as the focus had changed on the item. For some reason the category change didn’t work so I deleted the item and re-added it.

I then received this…

“This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship.

If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.”

This was fair enough as I hadn’t mentioned in my deletion/re-submit that it was a resubmit.

So I resubmitted again with the theme files explaining the above and that I’d addressed all outstanding points and to let me know what else needed amending.

The item was then quickly rejected again with the same “This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making…”

So I am left with a theme that I don’t know what to amend and I don’t want to resubmit again in case I’m seen in violation of the Envato terms, which I don’t think I am – just some confusion over category change deletion/resubmit.

Please can someone help? I figured I’d get a quicker response on the forums than going through support.

Oh and the rejected theme link in case anyone is interested…

http://www.meanthemes.com/theme/blatantly/
85 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ceosDesigns says

I am sorry about what happened to you. Wish you luck and may be they will understand the situation.

How do you ask for second reviewer?

65 posts MeanThemes
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

I sent back justification of my design choices and asked if they could have another look and it went to the review team for review and someone else looked

95 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
trippleS says

I think it will be better to open a support ticket.

65 posts MeanThemes
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

Cheers trippleS. I’ve just logged a ticket as well, thank you :)

by
by
by
by
by
by