14 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
Cohhe says

Hey guys. This is my first theme and it’s now rejected two times. I’m ok with these rejections, but now I’m not sure what is wrong with it, maybe I just don’t see it because I have worked with it for a long time.

So I’m looking for some advice on what I should change in my theme.

This is what I got from my reviewer:

- Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme due to the lack of attention to details.

- Please look into how you’re using white space—both micro and macro. It needs to be intuitive, consistent and frame the content correctly in the manner you seek.

- Overall typography and visual + typographic hierarchy needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.

- Important— try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval. Try experimenting with different layouts, placement and positioning etc.

I’ll be grateful for any advice.

Demo url – http://coderportfolio.com/themes/animalcare

71 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
TitanicThemes says

The reviewers advices are great starting points… Try to use more beautiful placeholders maybe change the niche of the theme, it will help you a lot. If you decide to stick to animals..get rid of the rat… use positive images. No one would love your theme because of the rat.

Your website chromatic is not so great .. don`t be afraid to use colors. Grays or black or white colors are some times signs for the lack of creativity.

Align your website structure.. nothing is aligned with anything there.

After you do this things and you thing you are finished. Work on the little details..
Learn from other people`s work. Ask yourself questions when doing a theme.
“why he did that?”,
“why i`m using this rat? is there a better picture?”,
“why make so many pages? what if the theme is rejected?”,
“i have 4 categories, also 4 columns beneath.. is there a way to align them ?”,

Put yourself on the clients shoes.
“ok i`m the client.. i`m on the website.. what do i want? i have a problem with my pet! where do i call? oh at the bottom is a map..now where is the phone number? i want to call ASAP .. what else do i want? is this a serious company? i want to read some testimonials or something about the company.. oh.. at the bottom ? maybe try to use it above?”
“I used to much pictures on the front page? is there a balance between the information and pictures?”
“if i make the arrows smaller ? why use 2 types of arrows ? why narrow the menu” and so on

Hope this helps you a little.

119 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
silver530 says

Hi,

You have a good start, but improve these:

- Choice more beautiful font for headings,

- increase white spacing for vertical alignments between modules.

14 posts
+4 more
Cohhe says

Thank you cre4tive and silver530. Your suggestions was great and I changed a lot of things.

I’m almost ready for re-submission but I wanted to ask if anyone could look at it now and tell me if there is something that I still need to change.

119 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
silver530 says

Thank you cre4tive and silver530. Your suggestions was great and I changed a lot of things. I’m almost ready for re-submission but I wanted to ask if anyone could look at it now and tell me if there is something that I still need to change.

Give me a screenshot or live link via my profile, i will check it.

14 posts
+4 more
Cohhe says

Demo url is the same as in my first post.

426 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

Must be an echo in here as these generic copy and paste responses are everywhere

45 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rktic says

To be entirely honest, i don’t get it.

”- Please look into how you’re using white space—both micro and macro. It needs to be intuitive, consistent and frame the content correctly in the manner you seek. - Overall typography and visual + typographic hierarchy needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.”

Taking this into credit there are lots of themes available around here which are much worse in above aspects than your theme demo.

102 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
2winFactor says

I think the key here is “try to make your theme’s design more unique”. The design isn’t really bad, it’s just a bit generic. Is there anything (design or user experience) that makes your theme unique compared to the other themes already on Themeforest? Maybe the colors or textures are little different, but is there anything big that makes this stand out? Why not do something cool that’s never been done before?

I wouldn’t just aim for approval, I’d aim for creating a theme that makes people go “Wow, I HAVE to buy that”. Do something that hasn’t been done before and really gets you excited. Approval means nothing if your theme doesn’t sell!

Keep at it, there’s real potential!

Andre

74 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

Skye and Gabriella are gorgeous, maybe bump the dog rehoming and cat rehoming up

:)

S.

by
by
by
by
by
by