no-thumbnail
BroomstickDesign Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BroomstickDesign says

My theme was rejected and the reviewer gave me the following suggestion but I can’t figure out what it really means:

‘Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.’

I need some help to know what went wrong. Check the link below. http://www.broomstickdesign.com/Broomstick_Sports/

I am totally blank on what to improve in the theme. Any kind of suggestion will be really appreciated.

Regards

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
x4er0 says

I looking only on header, Premium Themes looks like this http://www.x4-design.eu/files/pr.png ?

145 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
PixFee says

You have more more more to work on this project … Sorry but it’s not at themeforest quality

389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

You have more more more to work on this project … Sorry but it’s not at themeforest quality

Um, obviously. You’re no more help than the reviewers. The OP is looking for details rather than additional reinforcements of what the OP’s already been told. If you have nothing more to offer, please refrain from posting. LOL .

I am totally blank on what to improve in the theme. Any kind of suggestion will be really appreciated.

Aside from what has already been pointed out…

You’ve got a giant hole in the right sidebar. That’s an eyesore IMO . Maybe fix that (even if it’s just the demo) ?

Remove as much inline CSS as possible?

Make code more semantic? A simple DOCTYPE does not a HTML5 document make IMO .

Did you WP enqueue all your CSS / JS?

Is your backend theme options panel user friendly and powerful? Don’t have one? Don’t resubmit again without it.

Look into making the design as “responsive” as possible (navigation, columns, images, video, etc) before resubmitting. For the people that want a “fixed” design, you can give them the option as many premium themes do by having an on/off switch for the “responsive” behavior in the theme options panel.

Page Builder? Custom Post Types? Unlimited Sidebars? Color Options without resorting to CSS all the time?

Why should anyone buy your theme over another? Distinguish yourself! :-)

Not meaning to offend but trying to be constructive. These are just some of the often expected / included in TF Premium themes.

no-thumbnail
BroomstickDesign Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
BroomstickDesign says

@electronicpakrat

Thanks for the wonderful suggestion. My theme didn’t have the backend option panel. Everything on theme is widget and I created the theme that way.

It seems that i have to create the theme from scratch. Your suggestion was really helpful.

58 posts Jegtheme
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
jegtheme says

i personally think that your themes is good. try to change background image. and other small think to make it more premium fell. your themes is only lack of finishing touch. i have seen themes like yours, and its selling well. good luck!

389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says
by
by
by
by
by
by