5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
wpmavens says

I am looking for any feedback regarding my recently rejected theme. I received a standard rejection notice..

“Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.”

I submitted my theme under the nonprofit category. Here is a link and any suggestions for improvement, or reasons that my theme was possibly rejected would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!!

Involved! v1

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

put http in front of link

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
wpmavens says

Link should work now! Thanks @wickedpixel

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
BenSheppard says

If you’d like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the “Item Discussion” section of the forums.
Forum Rules

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

The only thing you have in that theme is the home banner + the events calendar.. the rest seems pretty much non existent. Empty pages; ugly typography; lacks nice grid; the portfolio/gallery is pretty much nothing.

1289 posts LoveThemes
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

Brutally honest, it’s not good enough to be a free theme…

Study basic design principals, go away and practice then try again.

-Scott

1340 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

-Scott

Brutal but true – hit the books and come back stronger :D

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

-Scott

Who are you to say someone wouldn’t want to use this as a free theme? That’s so rude it’s not even funny. You’re supposed to give the artist positive reinforcement and help him with his journey. Did you not see the word “feedback” in the title of the thread?

He said nothing about someone not wanting it, just that in competition with other free themes (there are many incredible ones) his wouldn’t be that great

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Listen here son, I’m not going to get into an argument with you over this. It’s clear as day that he said “it’s not good enough to be a free theme… ” which implies that no one wants it. I’ve ran businesses with over 200 employees with over 40 years of experience, this is not the way you get people motivated into bettering themselves. Perhaps the original artist can submit his design to another art community site that is more than willing to give constructive feedback, which is what this author is desperately seeking.

Sorry Dad. Not heard of tough love?

Clearly with you 40 years experience and seeing as the first website was created in 1991 you’ll be way ahead of the game and you’ll know a good theme when you see one? Well this isn’t one and with a choice of downloading this or another free theme I’d choose the other and as I pointed out this isn’t the place to get feedback.

IndustrialThemes
IndustrialThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
146 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
IndustrialThemes says

-Scott

Who are you to say someone wouldn’t want to use this as a free theme? That’s so rude it’s not even funny. You’re supposed to give the artist positive reinforcement and help him with his journey. Did you not see the word “feedback” in the title of the thread?

He said nothing about someone not wanting it, just that in competition with other free themes (there are many incredible ones) his wouldn’t be that great

Listen here son, I’m not going to get into an argument with you over this. It’s clear as day that he said “it’s not good enough to be a free theme… ” which implies that no one wants it. I’ve ran businesses with over 200 employees with over 40 years of experience, this is not the way you get people motivated into bettering themselves.

Perhaps the original artist can submit his design to another art community site that is more than willing to give constructive feedback, which is what this author is desperately seeking.

You just hurt the OP by derailing this topic into a petty argument. Just as unhelpful as the “hurtful” comment that angered you. Back on topic…

Despite this not being the place for feedback, here are a few things to think about anyway. Definitely the typography is the most glaring issue. The all-caps, bold menu items are not appealing, nor is the color scheme. The gradients and borders are too harsh throughout the site. Red on blue is really tough to pull off, so I would shy away from that a bit, at least until your design skills are improved. It appears you have the coding knowledge, you just need to take some design courses and do some more studying and developing of your skills. There is not one specific thing wrong with theme, it’s more of a general lack of design skills. At this point it might be easier for you to completely start over on a new theme rather than trying to fix this one, armed with everything you’ve learned in creating this one.

by
by
by
by
by
by