Apologies for the wrong forum post :)

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
lastrose says

The way it’s coded right away is a concern for me, if someone wants to change the content background color and can’t because it would break the layout? some of the code reminds of the table style pages. I would do the shadow using css rather than an image, faster loading time and more flexible. Looks wise if I find the footer falls a bit flat. just a bit too generic looking.

350 posts Gambit
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bfintal says

The way it’s coded right away is a concern for me, if someone wants to change the content background color and can’t because it would break the layout? some of the code reminds of the table style pages. I would do the shadow using css rather than an image, faster loading time and more flexible. Looks wise if I find the footer falls a bit flat. just a bit too generic looking.

What i meant was, i cannot remove the content background (its the gray background behind the panels in the body down to the background of the footer) completely since the layout would change. But changing its colors is definitely okay.

350 posts Gambit
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bfintal says

Previously, I got this:

To get approved, you’ll need to couple, at the bare minimum, a generic look with good features or exceptionally unique looks with average features. I’m sorry to say your template falls smack down the middle—there’s just very little to make this stand out.

So what I did was to refine alignments a bit more, added more shortcodes and a bunch of widgets.

Now, another rejection gets me this:

1.Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the template. I’d like you to go over the design with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

3. Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template needs improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

4. Try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme.

I’d appreciate your help on this.

What is wrong with the theme?? What is lacking?? I really have no idea why I can’t get anything to pass with the reviewers.

My 1st theme got 8 rejections and I gave up on refining and resubmitting that. Now with this one I was so sure it would pass.. but apparently it still needs more fixing.

101 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
PixelBook says

my theme got rejected for the same 5 reasons, they have some sort of standard responses when they send you an email ( meaning: we’re not really sure what’s wrong with it )

My theme

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

@cristy4s

If you cant see anything wrong with this then you need to learn more about visual hierarchy and typography.

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Hyperberry says

Thanks for everyone’s help! My theme just got accepted! I learned something from all of this, if you see any part of your theme that’s not that interesting, or a bit looks off for any small reason, change it!!

Congratulations! Already 4 sales too- great! :)

Your item looks very nice.

If you don’t mind, can you post screenshots of the rejected version & accepted version in this thread: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/theme-approvals-before-after/37375

Best of luck with your sales!

by
by
by
by
by
by