• Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

Hello, dear fellows at themeforest.net

I’ve had an insomnia and i can’t sleep because of some reviewer that always rejects my templates :P

I wish he’d once give a good convincing reason other than the copy paste text that i always receive :(

i really need help to be part of this great community.

I need someone to tell me why “I suck at web design” and justify my mistakes so i can be a good designer

I recently submitted this http://yousef.co/images/Nuevaq-prev.jpg after hours of hard work, and it “Simply” got rejected with no convincing reason

so i need a good designers here at TF with atleast one PSD template submitted, to provide me with tips on how that template needs significant improvements and how can i modify it so it can meat the standards of TF and hopefully gets accepted.

EDIT : 1) Your template’s design does not meet our quality standards at this time and will need significant improvements before it will be ready to be reviewed again. You might consider taking a look at some of our popular premium items to get a better idea for the quality level of graphics, typography and general design that we require for approval.

2) You can pay attention to the details of graphics, alignment, element placements and implementation of typography in the design, balance of spacing/padding and how to utilize the white space. But please do not copy / get inspired by their graphics styling, layout structure or features.

is it known by a text like this one above that the reason can be a documentation or the item is only 1 PSD page or they will mention that if a submitted template needs a better documentation or sub-pages ?

i’d be grateful if someone helped me :D

i wish you all the best

Yousef :)

1 post
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Trix10 says

I know this is really no help to you, but i really like the design you have done :)

195 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says
Trix10 said
I know this is really no help to you, but i really like the design you have done :)

Thanks a lot buddy :)

2004 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

You don’t suck at web design, you’re just a bad web designer.

Truth be told, a good attitude and mindset makes the designer, and you’re taking what it says as saying you suck. It’s nothing personal, it just isn’t a design someone would want to pay for.

I’m not even sure where to start. The shadows are too strong, the noise is overdone, your text isn’t anti-aliased, the header feels like no effort was put into it, the slider arrows don’t fit, the slider circles are either too big or the box around it is too small..

195 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

Hey landonw :D i will work on your tips and see if the result will be accepted by the reviewers.

and for the font, it shouldn’t be smooth, it must be shown as if it were coded, which gives an actual preview of how the would look like :)

i appreciate your reply :D

P.S i’m not a bad designer ;)

best wishes

2004 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says
Jss4ever said
and for the font, it shouldn’t be smooth, it must be shown as if it were coded, which gives an actual preview of how the would look like :)

No, I’ve been down that road. I’ve been designing for 7 years, and I strongly believe the smooth fonts look better; It doesn’t look as good as it does in a browser, but it looks a lot better than a non-anti aliased font.

195 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

Ok :)

I will make the fonts smooth :)

Thanks for the awesome tips

30 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
PleaseR says
landonw said
You don’t suck at web design, you’re just a bad web designer.

Truth be told, a good attitude and mindset makes the designer, and you’re taking what it says as saying you suck. It’s nothing personal, it just isn’t a design someone would want to pay for.

I’m not even sure where to start. The shadows are too strong, the noise is overdone, your text isn’t anti-aliased, the header feels like no effort was put into it, the slider arrows don’t fit, the slider circles are either too big or the box around it is too small..

Nicely explained, sir.

@OP – I can definitely see why it has been rejected, by what Land said above. And for other alignment issues. Take for instance, the section up under the slider, it should be aligned. There’s no reason for it not to be aligned with everything else. To me, from what I’m looking at everything is kind of “mixed up” placement wise.

308 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

Hey Jss4ever,

Have you tried looking on its proportion too? I think of the alignments are seemingly disproportionate.. Try this as your starting point http://960.gs/ and this http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/the-golden-ratio-in-web-design/

Also I’d remove unnecessary elements like those numbered buttons, blue ribbon, etc.

Also the graphic looks sharp on one item then looks blurry on another. It’s lacking consistency.

One more thing, aero-type buttons are from yesteryear (hipster’s pet peeve), I would personally recommend you look into of these types: http://www.premiumpixels.com/freebies/10-simple-web-buttons-psd/ or this http://www.premiumpixels.com/freebies/chunky-3d-webbuttons-psd/

Cheers!

484 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
omarabid says

The design is good, but far from competing the ThemeForest ones. If you don’t see what’s wrong with your design, then you should probably look at more and more and more designs.

by
by
by
by
by
by