225 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

Hello sy4mil :D

Your reply was very helpful and i started using the 960 gs and it’s helping a lot

i will consider your great tips and hope will get the desired result

Have a nice day!

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

The minute you think you are bad at something is the minute you start to lose interest and give up. It’s almost ironic in a way.

I agree with all of the critique here. I think the biggest element to a design that the reviewers look at is CONSISTENCY . This includes colors (in your header the greys are actually different, one looks kinda brown), alignment issues (use a grid!), and style.

Great start, keep at it! :)

136 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Yup, a good start, def dont give up.

my thinking..

1)Like the others have said, alignment and consistency. Use a grid, or use guides (or a grid of guides ;))

Things subtly out of alignment will make a subconscious impact. For example, if you draw an imaginary line up and down from the edges of the slider you can see all of the edges of the rows are positioned slightly differently. Unless it is purposeful and there is a good reason, things close enough to be perfectly aligned should be (a grid and enable snapping and this isnt a prob ;))

2)Effects aren’t polished / subtle enough. Make the shadows more subtle, tie things together – for example, use the same texture for top and bottom, and make it less obvious.

3)Change the italic body text to normal.

Have a look at some really good designs and try to visualise the underlying grid structure of rows / columns. See how things line up, observe how padding and spacing are done.

225 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

Thanks jscheetz and ThemeShaper :D

I worked on all the tips you guys listed it :P i actually re-organized them as a bullet list and printed them for fast reference, i really really appreciate your help and thanks a lot :D

any extra advices and tips are welcome :D

All the best

by
by
by
by
by
by