• United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

validation issues

Far too many colours that do not work together

Typography needs a ton of work especially the headings

Footer is void and empty

nav needs attention

all the pages just look the same with a different colour

the metro post thing is quite cool but again the bright mass of colour and the weak typography really don’t do it justice

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
sntbrz says

validation issues

Footer is void and empty

nav needs attention

the metro post thing is quite cool but again the bright mass of colour and the weak typography really don’t do it justice

thanks.man.

All colors can be changed in admin menu. Footer also can be changed.you mean I need to add sidebar in footer?

I don’t know what to do with typography?! what is difference between mine theme and this theme in typography?

http://themeforest.net/item/quarter-responsive-wordpress-blogging-theme/full_screen_preview/4103632
11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
sntbrz says

validation issues

Footer is void and empty

nav needs attention

Are you sure you visited my new theme?I uploaded it in new place.

This is the link : http://st-web.xzn.ir/m8/

3672 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Your header and post title fonts really do not work – the other link you provided are not great but they fit somehow.

If the colours can be changed form the admin then I would strongly advise sorting them out to be cleaner in the demo as right now it is very OTT

I checked the new link and sorry but it is still nowhere near

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
sntbrz says

Your header and post title fonts really do not work – the other link you provided are not great but they fit somehow.

If the colours can be changed form the admin then I would strongly advise sorting them out to be cleaner in the demo as right now it is very OTT

I checked the new link and sorry but it is still nowhere near

Yes and I changed colors but I don’t know is it good now or not?
ok I will change fonts.

Now I added a full-width version and here is the link : http://st-web.xzn.ir/metro8/

Which one do you think is better?!

83 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Markic says

Listen, whatever people tell you here, you have to scrap this project, you know that. Because you can’t fix this design with a few simple tricks. I’ve been in web development since the early 2000s and even back than this would look bad. Now, if you really want to persue being an author on ThemeForest, you really have to get better with design.

My suggestion is, go to the dribbble, behance, web galleries (...) and get to know items. See what’s making them look great and try to mimic that. Find out the following: - how to use colors - how to use fonts, line-height, text-color (...) properly - web layouts, how responsive sites work, which are the best techiques - how little details impact the design

Now, after you’ve done that. Subscribe to SmashingMagazine, A List Apart and other web development blogs because you won’t get far without them. Read books about web development, find a mentor. This is a career, not a make-money-quick scheme.

But first thing is first, scrap this…

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
sntbrz says

Listen, whatever people tell you here, you have to scrap this project, you know that. Because you can’t fix this design with a few simple tricks. I’ve been in web development since the early 2000s and even back than this would look bad. Now, if you really want to persue being an author on ThemeForest, you really have to get better with design.

My suggestion is, go to the dribbble, behance, web galleries (...) and get to know items. See what’s making them look great and try to mimic that. Find out the following: - how to use colors - how to use fonts, line-height, text-color (...) properly - web layouts, how responsive sites work, which are the best techiques - how little details impact the design

Now, after you’ve done that. Subscribe to SmashingMagazine, A List Apart and other web development blogs because you won’t get far without them. Read books about web development, find a mentor. This is a career, not a make-money-quick scheme.

But first thing is first, scrap this…

Thanks for your advise but don’t say that. I can’t scrap this.I worked hard on it and when I compare some themes of themeforest with this I see mine can be accepted.(maybe with some changes and improves)
I don’t have much time now and I just need to submit this.I don’t need this theme’s money. I have lots of work to do in 3,4 months and if I can submit this theme I don’t start a new theme until July.
this theme has so many customizable options and user can change almost everything.
Please give me some advise to submit this and I promise you better designs on my next themes. :)

3672 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Unfortunately you need the good design in this file. As Markic rightfully said there is no shortcut to releasing files here.

The best advice anyone can give you is start a fresh. There is more work involve din fixing your file than beginning over.

For what it’s worth – even if you sorted the design out somehow, the code still has issues that would cause it to be rejected.

Noone is trying to be harsh and feel free to submit it if you want but all we are trying to do is to help you not waste your time

1237 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
LoveThemes says

You’re wasting your time, this theme just needs far too much work, as do you as a designer.

You need to spend at LEAST 12 months learning before attempting to resubmit.

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

You really need to start listening to people as you can see Charlie has bought between 100 and 499 items, I know for a fact that’s closer to the 499 so he knows what he’s talking about, there are also people who have a ton of sales trying to help you. But seeing as you don’t seem to want to listen I’ll try and drill it home

You need to scrap it and listen up to opinions – it’s got a long way to go
by
by
by
by
by
by