2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
miladavaz says

Is there a WP theme that allows for a site where freelancers can create their profile and then others can go in and hire them? Not necessarily as complex as Elance or Odesk, more like Fiverr if anything…

2 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
riponad2 says

Hi people,

In affect, I am looking for the same thing. I have been searching for a WP Theme that allows members to create their profile and then others can go and search the database. Ideally, a website that resembles www.couchsurfing.com where I members create profiles, add friends, exchange skills and leave references for each other. Also, where their IP address is registered on their home page to identify their current location (displayed to other members).

I am creating a completely free and open service where people, for example, individuals can register their core skills; languages, IT knowledge, Teaching sports etc on the website for free and then exchange the skills with another user for free. Once, two people exchange skills they can leave a reference on each others page, however the reference can not be changed by either party. The reference is to provide information to other users; just like couchsurfing.com

I am starting this project, I will hope to raise money via crowd funding by putting some of my own money into this project. This service will be global, and completely free with no advertisements. I will eventually place a donation request to cover the costs, like Wikipedia.

This service is good for social meetings and people wanting to learn new skills, language, learn to play guitar or learn to surf… Either way, I’m hoping that it will work and add value to the internet!

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mike7367 says

Also looking for something similar…

by
by
by
by
by
by