3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MamontovDesign says

Hello!

Two days ago i uploaded my first commercial Wordpress theme, but it was rejected. I’ve made significant improvements, reuploaded it, but it was rejected second time. Second review was absolutely identical to previous, desipte the changes. Don’t want to abuse ThemeForest review team, but i am willing to have more detailed coverage on what’s wrong with my theme so i can make it better (or throw it away and make completley new one).

Theme demo: http://demo.mamontovdesign.com/seattle/

What can be improved?

p.s. The review itself:

Unfortunately your submission Seattle – Wordpress Responsive Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

However, we do accept themes with similar structure but in condition it provides better quality in terms of aesthetic or features.

2207 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

Its very nice , maybe need a unique touch .. because i think this not have technical problems , the design its fine .

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
MamontovDesign says

Its very nice , maybe need a unique touch .. because i think this not have technical problems , the design its fine .
Thank you for your comment! I spent whole day today surfing different blogs, and my opinion is that the main issue is too simple design and too little space for widgets, etc.
39 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Kenya
FortisThemes says

wow Dude, This is really good. Perhaps theres something wrong with your code, have you tried running the wp theme check plugin? when all fails, you can always contact support,they take a while to reply, but im sure when they do, they’ll tell you why it wasnt approved. Good luck mate.

3808 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

It is very nice – there are some validation errors by the looks of things.

Beyond that maybe try brushing up the logo and some of the typography like the heading fonts and add some shortcode/page/feature examples to make it a little more unique.

It does look good so it should just be a little development of whats on offer and cosmetic tightening

by
by
by
by
by
by