26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
level10 says

Hi,

I’m new to Themeforest and just submitted my first theme….it was rejected due to aesthetics. Can I please get some help on things to work on to make it acceptable?

It’s located here: Vim

I wasn’t given much more to go on other than “requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered”. It then goes on to say “The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.”

I just don’t know what needs to be done. I looked at themes on here to make sure that it wasn’t too similar to others….but maybe I overlooked something? I’m stuck.

Thanks! Seth

1476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I don’t think it’s rejected because of the looks.

I checked out every page and everything seems really nice, so it’s not about that.

The problem probably is – not enough features. You don’t have typography showcase nowhere (put on one page h1, h2 etc. blockquote, lists etc).

Try to implement more elements like accordion, or tabs, or carousel or something, it just feels empty.

I can’t speak about backend but maybe that needs improvements too? Do you have standard options panel?

26 posts
+1 more
level10 says

Thanks for that info! Hopefully, that’s all it is.

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Hello Seth, it is a pity, your work is really very good in all aspects. It is bright and clean, simple and elegant–what I like a lot is an absence of unnecessary effects and “cool” details.

Maybe really as OriginalExe said to add some more features? Also replace map image with real map maybe, add contact form, work a little bit on social icons (they look blurry), add hover state on Read More button and other anchors, work on Login To Reply (it looks weird now), but all in all, it is very good work. Wish you good luck with second submission!

2194 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

This is cool dude just add some more content to it like portfolio, gallery, news, pages and so on. Adding a fully working contact form would be great too. Also dont be afraid to use a bit of js or css33 animations on button hovers.

Cheers

Lester

26 posts
+1 more
level10 says

Thanks for all the help! I will definitely add some features and resubmit. Thanks!

26 posts
+1 more
level10 says

I just resubmitted with the added suggestions. Hopefully we’ll get this one through!

by
by
by
by
by
by