296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
crossroad says
From this thread http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/custom-iframe-header-bar-no-longer-permitted/61498?page=1

I got the idea that the authors can not use the theme switcher bar in the demos, but so many authors are using that. So I want to know what is the rule? Is it allowed to use or not?

265 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

As far as I know the theme switcher is allowed, there is no problem to have one, the other topic is just very old – there was a discussion to disallow the theme switcher but it was not accepted (correct me if I’m wrong). I’d also like to ask something about it – the demos of many authors opens directly on the authors page, meaning there is no TF Iframe and also the URL of the demo is the authors URL , not http:\\themeforest.net\item…... Would you please tell us how we can do that :) It might be very simple but, still…. Thanks in advance ;)

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
crossroad says

I’m also new to this, and struggling to implement it. Wish I could help you.

I’d also like to ask something about it – the demos of many authors opens directly on the authors page, meaning there is no TF Iframe and also the URL of the demo is the authors URL , not http:\\themeforest.net\item…... Would you please tell us how we can do that :) It might be very simple but, still…. Thanks in advance ;)
265 posts JoomFX.com
+3 more
joomfx says

Thanks crossroad :) It would be very nice if somebody explains us how to implement the custom header bar for our theme previews. Your advices are much appreciated guys. Thank you in advance ;)

626 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

To create a custom header with theme switcher you have to point your preview URL to a page that for example redirects with a simple javascript.

Then mostly they use a simple iframe with two rows. Top row is the switcher and bottom the theme.

95 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
djwd says
265 posts JoomFX.com
+3 more
joomfx says

Did you guys already have a look at this? http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/introducing-item-switcher/42612?page=1

Thanks a lot for replying guys :) Yep, this is the theme switcher I’m using. I will read the whole topic again and see if there are some details. I actually need to replace the default TF header with this one, so when somebody clicks on “Live Preview” he is automatically forwarded to my URL and instead of the default T header he only see my header bar :) Currently, both headers appear – the default TF header on the top and mine just below it. I am quite confused because in the Theme Switcher topic it is written:

Basically it removes the preview frame automatically. Then replaces it with a custom item switcher.

But the default TF is still there :)

265 posts JoomFX.com
+3 more
joomfx says

I think I figured it out :) I was missing the redirect.php part of the URL . I will test it now :D

http://themes.yoursite.com/redirect.php?theme=yourthemename

Thanks a lot :D

265 posts JoomFX.com
+3 more
joomfx says

yep, works perfectly. Thanks a lot djwd for pointing me back to the Theme Switcher topic, have a wonderful day :P

95 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
djwd says

yep, works perfectly. Thanks a lot djwd for pointing me back to the Theme Switcher topic, have a wonderful day :P

:smug:

by
by
by
by
by
by