13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
adamiscool says

Hi Guys!

Do you recommend making several versions of the same theme and selling it as one file or as several files??? Is it worth making several variations of the same theme to show how adaptable it is?

Thanks

Adam

94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JimmyP says

I was wondering about this too…. I was gonna make several color variations of a theme but wasn’t sure if it’s worth selling it as one theme or several different ones…

381 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Yvo says

I think you could sell it as different files, but if you sell it as one, it could make it a more valuable file. It might just sell more than the individual files together.

4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I have learned from selling video through FD, that buyers want options. If you upload 1 theme that has 5 – 10 color options its going to be more valuable than if you upload 10 of the same theme each being a different color scheme.

The only time I see uploading it multiple times is if you made a site, adn then you made it wordpress compatible. This situation, I think you should upload it once in each section.

Or if you have a second version, that is different and improves on the first version, upload it…or you can be nice and update your file so the buyers can get the update for free…all of this is up to you.

FD’s policy regarding variations, limits authors to 3 variations per file…I do not know if that policy carries over to TF, but Collis will have to verify that.

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

I’m definitely going to make a few template packs with 3-4 themes included. They’ll be way more likely to sell (for a higher price too) than each individual style.

by
by
by
by
by
by