23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
xviiixvi says

Why doesn’t theme forest just offer a club? Maybe I am late or its already been discussed but I’d pay a monthly fee to download a couple of templates of my choice… I hate having to search through 100 templates only to have to use 2. I have other template club memberships where I have an option and even the templates I am not using are paid for because I signed up for a membership. Even if it were a lil pricey…I still think it would be worth it….. Don’t tell me it won’t work… I can name at least 5 websites that charge lots of money for membership to WP Themes and other templates that are far less feature inclusive than the templates here and they have people signing up by the dozens… The authors would get paid consistently and traffic on this piece would increase…

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

This is a marketplace so can’t be done. There are a lot of authors.

3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Exactly what he said! How you would you pay 1000 authors from $100 / month? :D It’s impossible..

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

Exactly what he said! How you would you pay 1000 authors from $100 / month? :D It’s impossible..

Yeah, and not all authors deserve the same amount.

23 posts
xviiixvi says

Oh so…there is no way it can be done because it’s a marketplace? Come on your guys all of you are brilliant in what you do and have participated in all kinds of web marketing…

I go shopping at a marketplace called a grocery store and can pick of any item I want at a listed price, but if I join a club…everything I buy in the marketplace goes down in discount…..the same could work here…..in some stores on a selected amount of items are available for discount then it becomes more attractive.

Envato could easily selected top 25 templates. Charge a $99 fee plus $10 dollars a month membership and we get access to each quarters, or months, or years top choices at a discounted rate. Envato can pay a percentage to those authors and plus give them their fee from people still picking the template or plugin or whatever…..

Don’t say it won’t work…they do it every year…it’s called the Birthday Bundle except they don’t give you a choice, they choose the package for you…

I am not gifted enough to be able to write code from scratch but I can modify the piss out of a themeforest template…what I do is marketing and small business enhancement. I spend a decent amount on WP themes, clubs, plugins and memberships and also send my clients here regularly when they just don’t know what they want make them buy it and install it…

I am certain if they put their heads together they could do a monthly bundle….and it would bring potentially more customers as I could save that 100.00 next month I may spend somewhere else…

3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’m sorry, but we’re not that cheap.. $100 + $10 / month?! Even if i would run my own themes site i won’t apply such a pricing. I have a pride :D

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

@xviiixvi

In that way will benefit only you, envato and the top 25 themes authors. Obviously all other 6225 themes and authors would be outside of the deal :)

23 posts
xviiixvi says

Well let’s see some basic match when going to the themes sites for themeforest and clicking on WP I see the top 5 authors totaled 873 sales and that yielded roughly 43K in sales. All templates are between ($45-$60) There is no indication of how and when these sales were made just a rough number…. sales range between 127 and 265

What if for the top five authors or any five templates you paid $99 to start and lets say $19 a month. You get access to a specific set of templates for that period, month week, whatever. Each member now pays $325.00 a yr. By this math you would only need 132 people to sign up to make the same amount of money and envato is smart enough to know who gets there percentage. It’s not rocket science.

Maybe you think I am being simple but I signed up for a year subscription to elegant themes 40 bux for the year for 77 templates with medium support. Yeah that’ only 50 cents a template…however the new website with counter says they now have 131K customers.

Believable or not thats 5 million in sales. for the same 77 templates. Half of which…I can’t even use…cause the functionality is not there. Yes and I don’t know how Nick Roach designs his templates or even if he’s a designer. I am just saying there is always a Monthly Bundle possibilty whether it’s a membership or not, it’s possible feasible and doable and sales would have the potential to grow…..I am not an expert but other places are doing it and have been doing it..

23 posts
xviiixvi says

@xviiixvi In that way will benefit only you, envato and the top 25 themes authors. Obviously all other 6225 themes and authors would be outside of the deal :)
They include stuff in the bundle all the time that I don’t use and I still pay 40, 50 or 60 bux for it…this would be no different…
by
by
by
by
by
by