323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

Isn’t this topic important enough to allow discussion? Considering you locked it I won’t go into detail as I had planned but I would like to know why this thread was locked. This is a legitimate concern that didn’t even go for more than 24hrs to allow the opinion of others.

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

Yea, in the other thread, Jeff said “FlashDen uses the same percentages and has become one of the leading marketplaces for Flash files. Many authors make more than the heads of Envato!

How can that be true if no one can earn more than a 50% share?

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

Also, I have to agree with Chad. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a thread locked prematurely. If you really believe in your site’s policies, defend them. Let the threads run their course. Trying to silence unhappy authors is just going to make them more unhappy.

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

Yeah this is really annoying a lot of designers and to just close a legitimate thread is just showing how much you are not listening to us, I hope Collis comes on here to sort this out because these are real concerns which you are just disregarding.

342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

I think that over the past couple of months, it has become evident that the level of quality has suffered likely because of the payment rates being so low. Good designers just cannot afford to make $300 on a template/design that should be worth 10 times that. It’s just frustrating.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey guys. The thread was locked because the discussion was branching off. You’re free to create a new thread for each issue.

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Guys, I’m more than happy to discuss these issues. Touchy, touchy. :)

But let’s stay on topic.

@clarklab – Very easily. We have authors who have sold well over $100,000. Envato doesn’t keep the entire extra 50%. A good portion of that money is put back into advertising your templates and maintaining the site.

@simnor – In no way am I disregarding them. In fact, these issues are discussed constantly on this site. We’re always trying to make the marketplaces better. Every opinion is considered when setting prices.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

@Jeffrey – Fair Enough. I can think of one other time that a thread become locked (I believe it was for pricing) and then this one. I think if you had stated that it would never have felt as if you were looking to “silence” those with opinions.

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

No problem. You’re probably right. But I absolutely did not mean it that way. Many of you guys know me better than that.

Just to clarify, I’ll update the other posting.

So by all means, let’s talk percentages! :)

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

OK meanwhiles I so thought this thread was locked because it said (Locked) in the title. I kept looking for our admin-unlock button and getting confused. Anyhow I’ve just taken the word (locked) out of the title to unconfuse myself :-)

ANYWAYS : the real reason I’m here is to say that Jeffrey alerted Cyan and I to take a look at the last thread and I’ve posted up some answers to questions, as well as a minor revision to the legal agreements here on the site. You can read it all here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/themeforest-exclusive/8348?page=2#70238

by
by
by
by
by
by