1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says
I am completely in love with google glass and love the idea of it and cannot wait to get one, I found this pretty sweet website Glass Sim and I’ve made some concepts I hope to be using in the future!

Checking sales and balance

Checking New Items

Checking the forum

Edit: This should probably be in global off topic :( sorry
1171 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

I’m all for embracing new technology, but I’ve got to admin that Google Glass is the first major technology idea I’ve seen that I think I’ll have absolutely no use for, it really seems superfluous to even the most tech enabled persons lifestyle – for instance, obviously the functionality can be turned on/off, but if I got a Glass notification for every item comment and so forth I think I’d go crazy! :D

Here’s an example (at least for me) – I hate notifications, running my ticket forums I had email notifications turned on for each new ticket etc. I turned it off after the most stressful 48 hours of my life! :D

Anyway, I’m really excited to see where the Glass goes, but not to get one for myself, I just want to see how far it can be pushed!

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Ah these were only little ideas of what could be!

I can see how some people would see it as being pointless, but I can’t stop hearing awesome things about it. People were skeptical about the first mobiles and such.

People have been saying about the possibilities such as hooking it up to your car for reversing camera and a HUD for speed and such.

• Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

Oh don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t say the word pointless for any major tech investment, even a failed product that’s actually pushing boundaries will pave the way forward for something else (Betamax, HD-DVD) – I’ve no doubt in a few years that Glass will be everywhere, it’s just for now I wonder if the pay off is worth such a lifestyle change? (Especially for non glasses wearers.)

A great example would be bluetooth earpieces, everyone knows they’re easier to use than holding a phone to your face, but they never really took off for anyone other than drivers.

That said, a car HUD sounds pretty sweet :D

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

I agree bluetooth is only good for driving, but glass is just everywhere as it’s more than just listening handsfree, it’s seeing and communicating and everything!
I just love the ideas people are having with them, I know someones working with games to have glass as your like minimap or hud for games, I know someones creating an app for doctors for when you look at a patient due to facial recognition it’ll bring up their file and such

• Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

(Sorry -> Nice concepts by the way! The new item concept is really cool, really good condensing of information :) )

1465 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

It’s not only good for fun, it can be useful in work too.

For example, guys on terrain can call in their (more skilled) boss and live stream the situation to him, and he can provide guidance to them with no trouble at all.

That’s just one example.

I myself plan to get one if they will be reasoably price, not because I need one, but because I think they are cool :)

611 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

It’s pretty cool indeed.

Allthough i think the majority of people won’t be able to do stuff while wearing the glasses. For most people it will be too much, get distracted and won’t be able to perform their tasks because they can’t handle too many inputs. Which is a common fact for normal people.

That’s why for example jet pilots have intensive training and certainly not everyone can do it because they have to monitor hundreds of things at the same time while most people can’t even drive a car properly and pay good attention to the road – let alone what happens when regular people start wearing glasses giving them even more inputs every minute.

It’s a cool tool though, maybe finding it’s use in some professional business but mostly tech savy people who can’t get enough of staying “connected”.

I call it “connected” with quote marks since that term is and will be overused while marketing the product – while i think such tools to get even “more connected” will you get even further disconnected.

Can’t wait to wear one of those though :)

983 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

I’ll get one when they will manage to make it even smaller and less obvious, and for now it’s not possible to wear them if you already have one glasses ;) I’ve been so many times in situation where I’d use ““Ok, Glass, record a video””

950 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says

It’s not a matter of how useful is something, if they want to create the need, they’ll do and we’ll buy: as they made with tablets, smartphones, facebook.. all things we didn’t need and were absolutely unnecessary. People will be more deficient soon with all these devices, once the personal relations disappear, we’ll be under total control, as Gandhi predicted.

by
by
by
by
by
by