• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Any support is not mandatory. Author can tell you “I don’t give support” and it is his right. It’s authors good will to give it so it’s better to respect it. If a stated feature is missing then it’s envatos problem for accepting the item.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

digitalimpact: Don’t get me wrong, I have had great support from a few that are able to keep on top, for example KRIESI to name one… But when you land on an ELITE author who’s support page was prematurely released and doesn’t work half-a**... YET takes the time to log in several replies daily here saying [ please register here to our support page] but can spend DAYS without answering any questions on the support page…It makes you go well…DUH..lol
If you ever use decide to use one of our themes, i welcome you to see why we need a forum. You will see how many requests are there and you cannot handle them via email or comments, because i would go crazy. There are 4,202 topics and 30,607 posts, and little of them are really bugs that where not solved. Most are bugs caused by what the customer does and/or a plugin. But i will help them with that and small changes too. But you have to know that takes a lot of my patience and maybe with the current sales, it’s not really worth it. Maybe that is why some authors stop giving a damn.
I understand duotive..And I have bought your themes in the past ;0)

Wierd :) i don’t remember you from the forums :)

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Not that I don’t agree with you Dan, but have you actually tried to test-drive the theme in IE8 before purchasing?

Now I’m not saying that it’s just your fault – if someone says his product does X and Y, Envato should make sure it’s true. And yes, in a perfect world, you wouldn’t need to worry about statements being true.
But we don’t live in such a world, so a simple check on your side will make sure nothing like what you said happens :)

No I didn’t, but do I now need to test all of the theme’s I’m thinking of purchasing against every single different browser/version/variation?

This is a wholly unrealistic expectation to have of buyers, when these checks have supposedly been carried out already as part of the approvals process.

Dan

22 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
chickscanfly says

digitalimpact: Don’t get me wrong, I have had great support from a few that are able to keep on top, for example KRIESI to name one… But when you land on an ELITE author who’s support page was prematurely released and doesn’t work half-a**... YET takes the time to log in several replies daily here saying [ please register here to our support page] but can spend DAYS without answering any questions on the support page…It makes you go well…DUH..lol
If you ever use decide to use one of our themes, i welcome you to see why we need a forum. You will see how many requests are there and you cannot handle them via email or comments, because i would go crazy. There are 4,202 topics and 30,607 posts, and little of them are really bugs that where not solved. Most are bugs caused by what the customer does and/or a plugin. But i will help them with that and small changes too. But you have to know that takes a lot of my patience and maybe with the current sales, it’s not really worth it. Maybe that is why some authors stop giving a damn.
I understand duotive..And I have bought your themes in the past ;0)
Wierd :) i don’t remember you from the forums :)

THAT IS BECAUSE YOUR THEMES ARE CLEAR AND DIDN ’T NEED SUPPORT BECAUSE OF A GREAT JOB DONE MY LOVE ;0)

22 posts
chickscanfly says

Any support is not mandatory. Author can tell you “I don’t give support” and it is his right. It’s authors good will to give it so it’s better to respect it. If a stated feature is missing then it’s envatos problem for accepting the item.

WELL DEAR , YOU HAVE BEEN AN AUTHOR FOR 3 -4 YEARS WITH 155 SALES …MAYBE IF YOU SAW THINGS DIFFERENTLY SALES WOULD INCREASE ? JUST A SUGGESTION !

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

my love? This thread is turning hot.

:)

22 posts
chickscanfly says

my love? This thread is turning hot. :)

BETTER HOT THAN COLD …lol ;)

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
duotive says

my love? This thread is turning hot. :)
BETTER HOT THAN COLD …lol ;)

:))

@chickscanfly – thanks

2429 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

Not that I don’t agree with you Dan, but have you actually tried to test-drive the theme in IE8 before purchasing?

Now I’m not saying that it’s just your fault – if someone says his product does X and Y, Envato should make sure it’s true. And yes, in a perfect world, you wouldn’t need to worry about statements being true.
But we don’t live in such a world, so a simple check on your side will make sure nothing like what you said happens :)

No I didn’t, but do I now need to test all of the theme’s I’m thinking of purchasing against every single different browser/version/variation?

This is a wholly unrealistic expectation to have of buyers, when these checks have supposedly been carried out already as part of the approvals process.

Dan

Nope, you definitely shouldn’t need to do that.

But after getting burned once, I lose my trust and it’s hard to regain. So when I need to buy something, I go through a lot of checks before I purchase.

You’re absolutely right that these checks should have been done, I was just making a recommendation :)

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by