453 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

We tried every time to make something new and something that has not been done before. I think with every theme we managed that, especially with the 3 latest ones.

That being said, the amount of work we put into the themes and the amount of time that i personally spend on the support forums, was worth it last year. Now i really do not know.

I consider our work to be better than a lot of themes in here, but the sales do not say that. Maybe because of the amount of new themes and low exposure, maybe because we do not copy other themes that look 100 years old with minimal design and a big ugly shadow in the middle :)) . Hell if i know.

What i think that needs to be done is to come back to the standards before and stop spamming with rubbish. I would call out names, but i am not allowed to. Even from Elites. Some seem to be adapting with the new trend. Stop caring about how the theme looks and make more and more. Why do you want this? Are the markeplaces suicidal?

Also you might want to stop buying themes that you see that authors don’t care. It’s kinda obvious who does not give a damn about the themes.

I am so sorry to see you doubting your work and the marketplaces like that. When I was an author, I remember you being the first one to give a valuable response to my first “rejection” thread I opened, and I always admired your themes and still do. Seeing you and this marketplace in general, of which I once felt I was a part of, going that route almost hits my heart.

Such an inspirational, incredibly skilled author(team) like you should not feel undervalued like that. I agree with the amount of spam themes popping up dangerously lately; the last 2 years rushed by like a tornado; and while growth, exposure and system improvements also took their place in the list of changes happening, that tornado certainly also left its bloody marks.

But for now I am only expressing grief, without attempts of knowing how to improve anything – yet I needed to make this statement.

(Speaking as an individual, not for ThemeSector, disregard the username)

2213 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
crozer says

Sorry Jonathan and Chris, but I had to chime in again and sadly, I ain’t no Collis.

That said, all I wanted to say is that what eats me up, is that the standards-issue we’re facing is something that, I swear, could be dealt with in no-time. It’s like being a dog tied to a rope, and not being able to get that delicious bone laying right in front of you by less than a centimeter.

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Any support is not mandatory. Author can tell you “I don’t give support” and it is his right. It’s authors good will to give it so it’s better to respect it. If a stated feature is missing then it’s envatos problem for accepting the item.
WELL DEAR , YOU HAVE BEEN AN AUTHOR FOR 3 -4 YEARS WITH 155 SALES …MAYBE IF YOU SAW THINGS DIFFERENTLY SALES WOULD INCREASE ? JUST A SUGGESTION !

Calm down, no need for flaming.

This is a quote from the “Become an Author” FAQ :
“Q: Am I required to support the files I upload?
A: Providing support is a great way to ensure repeat business from buyers, but no, it’s not required unless the file is actually broken.”

So please, inform yourself before being a [removed].
Just a suggestion.

122 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
BrianHermelijn says

Which is why I always ask myself if TF is really a place for new authors now. Because before you know it there is already 25-35 new themes that’s just a clone from one another. But hey what we can do? I am not even sure if the staff’s are even checking this thread. After all the themes sales is what keeps money coming into their pocket.

8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
reddragon89 says

Could explain why so many people get their themes rejected without a logical explanation as to why it was rejected. Especially since I have seen some themes that are very “simple” in their designs. Also, why reject anyone who wants to make a little money on their work? We’re only selling them for $15 at the most, not $2,500 like template monster.

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

Could explain why so many people get their themes rejected without a logical explanation as to why it was rejected. Especially since I have seen some themes that are very “simple” in their designs. Also, why reject anyone who wants to make a little money on their work? We’re only selling them for $15 at the most, not $2,500 like template monster.

Because, as a regular buyer, I don’t want to wade through thousand’s of shit themes to find a decent one. If anything, there should be LESS approvals on themeforest.

Dan

2440 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

What Dan said +

1. No explanation for rejection = you need to improve. A LOT . Reviewers aren’t here to teach so, if you’re miles away, it’s impossible for them to list the tens or hundreds of mistakes you made.

2. There is a big difference between quality and shitty simple/minimalistic designs. But most people don’t notice it and complain about their minimalistic theme being rejected.

3. It’s called Quality. Without a certain quality level, what would make TF different from free theme sites?

4. Check out the price of a WP theme’s extended license on ThemeForest. ;)

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

If all got approved the entire marketplace will get to be a clusterfvck with trillion files approved every day, where file exposure will be very limited. Quality over quantity sounds better to me.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
Dream-Theme says

Any support is not mandatory. Author can tell you “I don’t give support” and it is his right. It’s authors good will to give it so it’s better to respect it. If a stated feature is missing then it’s envatos problem for accepting the item.
WELL DEAR , YOU HAVE BEEN AN AUTHOR FOR 3 -4 YEARS WITH 155 SALES …MAYBE IF YOU SAW THINGS DIFFERENTLY SALES WOULD INCREASE ? JUST A SUGGESTION !

Calm down, no need for flaming.

This is a quote from the “Become an Author” FAQ :
“Q: Am I required to support the files I upload?
A: Providing support is a great way to ensure repeat business from buyers, but no, it’s not required unless the file is actually broken.”

So please, inform yourself before being a [removed].
Just a suggestion.

+1

4498 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says