171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

^That sounds good in theory, but I really can’t imagine the 15 seconds it takes to register is really going to make any difference.

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

In the end, the need to register will stop no one from grabing the source code, but it maybe will cost us some buyers that get here via a referral link and are not able to see the full power of a template before registering.

just my 2 cents…

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

I agree with you guys, I mean if they really want it they’re gonna find a way to get it.

I also didn’t think about the people getting here by referral links, I guess just leave it as and like onuro said earlier “if your items get ripped much; than it means your works kick ass and popular haha” which is true in a way

292 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Ezza says
I think you guys are making this overly complicated, if the live preview was only available to logged in users this would circumvent the issue of leechers being able to grab code without first having to register as a user.

Unfortunately this is unlikely to stop people. If they are willing to go to the effort of going grabbing your source code having to register isn’t much of a deterrent. We are aware of the issues with this and are working on it behind the scenes. Your best option if you do find anything is to report it to support, who will get on having it removed right away.

140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
za says

The people who would buy your theme and the people stealing them are two entirely different groups of people. For some reason I don’t think anyone in this thread would argue that the methods used by the RIAA or the MPAA have been effective and they spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year. Spend more time worrying about putting together a superior product and less time concerned about the bums that hijack your code, it will pay dividends in the long run when the latter will get you nothing.

by
by
by
by
by
by