187 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Hi,

I’m just wondering if there’s any reviewer that would review a design before it is sliced and coded into HTML /CSS/js or Wordpress. I’m thinking design is an important part of the product, modifying it after it is coded might not always be simple or something to look forward to, let’s not even mention the possibility of the design not being according to standards. Is there a way to get a reviewer’s feedback on a design before slicing and coding anything? Would save a lot of time and effort. :)

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
StelianSubotin says

Hey Ciprian,

I highly doubt there will be any reviewer who will be able to provide you some feedback before you move on coding your design, mainly because they are paid for their current job (reviewing items), however, as you might have noticed already, the community is quite friendly and rarely times you won’t receive some feedback.

Poti sa-mi scrii prin forma de contact de pe profilul meu daca ai vrea sa-ti dau niste feedback prin skype.

Cheers.

1208 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Post a screenshot here and we will try to determine if it is ready or not for ThemeForest.

Also you can try to get feedback if you post an image on Forrst

187 posts
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Post a screenshot here and we will try to determine if it is ready or not for ThemeForest. Also you can try to get feedback if you post an image on Forrst

Thanks, but i’m really looking for a reviewer to tell me this. You might have a different oppinion.

2459 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I seriously doubt any reviewer will go off the record for an author.

Also, an analogy to what you’re asking is like you want to make sure freelancing is a steady income source, like a day job. You want to make sure it’s worth the jump, before you do it. Unfortunately, although it would be wonderful, there’s no such thing in this business…

57 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
StelianSubotin says

Post a screenshot here and we will try to determine if it is ready or not for ThemeForest. Also you can try to get feedback if you post an image on Forrst
Thanks, but i’m really looking for a reviewer to tell me this. You might have a different oppinion.

Hey Ciprian,

99% of the “hard-rejected” templates receive nothing but the classic “rejection” messages which point in no details their weak points. Even soft rejected templates may not receive any specific feedback, not even talking about an unknown layout you hesitate to post here.

Since you started asking for feedback on your pieces (firstly with your thread in the “All marketplaces” section after in the “Item Discussion”), i’ve been trying to be constructive and helpful but asking for reviewers to take a look at an unknown layout, sounds almost ridiculous to me, and when you are being offered help(mine, smartik’s and other authors who /may be/ sleeping (it’s 2:30 AM here), your denial sounds like you don’t want to hear anyone but the reviewer, and believe me or not, he just won’t come. I’m still ready to help, if you need it.

1437 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Hi Ciprian, Welcome to ThemeForest. There is no pre-review… I strongly recommend to post it on this forum > Item Discussion. The authors here are very helpful! Sometimes, reviewers may jump in too, but that’s not their responsibility to respond to every similar threads.

393 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
WPExplorer says

Just like you probably wouldn’t work for free for a stranger, the reviewers wouldn’t. It’s also an unfair advantage to other authors if they reviewed your item prior to development. Also, if you show them once and they say they don’t like it, will you keep bugging the reviewer until they do? There is just too many issues with your request…

I suggest sharing screenshots on the forum or dribbble (if you have one) to get some feedback.

Tons of awesome people browsing the forums each day I am sure you’ll get some great tips!

187 posts
  • Located in Romania
+3 more
CleanScript says

Thanks Everyone. I guess I will just have to slice and code it and see if it get’s accepted or not.

Cheers!

169 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
mikedidthis says

Are you could just post the design as suggested above, and get feedback before you slice and code.

The forum is full of talented authors with years worth of experience. I am pretty sure if they think its ready, you will have a chance of being accepted.

Just an idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by