11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • France
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
soireeDigitale says

Hi. I rarely open a thread, but this is because I think that themeforest should test the external links before linking that to the preview demo of a product. Because in some cases, clicking on the preview of a product here on themeforest, it redirect to the page of the author and sometimes the antivirus pop-up saying there’s a virus on that page, even if is external to themeforest. In fact some users left also a comment saying that there are some “virus-problems” with some preview of products. So I propose that before accepting a file zipped for selling, themeforest should control also the external link they provide in order to preview the demo, even if they are preview on an external server not related to themeforest, but in a way themeforest is linking to that preview demo. What do you think?

812 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

I’m pretty much sure they test downloadable packages to be virus free.

However, live preview might be infected (or it’s just a false alarm?) with some malicious script.

6762 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

they control the external preview before they approve the item but the website may get hacked or infected with malware after this review process. Off course there could also be false positives depending of the antivirus you are using and how sensible it is.

the best thing to do is 1. contact the author of that theme and 2. contact the marketplace support so they can verify and eventually temporarily remove the item till the author fixes the issue.

419 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
readactor says

in most of the cases is just an anti-virus paranoia.

by
by
by
by
by
by