no-thumbnail
yorkshiremumdays Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
yorkshiremumdays says

I am very new to all of this but I just purchased a theme and found I was unable to unload it to wordpress without upgrading. Do I understand this correctly? If I want to use these themes I have to pay $100.00 more to Wordpress as well? I missed this and now am stuck with a theme I can’t use :(

539 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kriskorn says

As I understand – You are a wordpress.com user. Themeforest themes do not work with wordpress.com. You need your own hosting and to download WordPress from wordpress.org.
I request a staff reply. Maybe they can help you more.

All the best,
Kris

741 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

As I understand – You are a wordpress.com user. Themeforest themes do not work with wordpress.com. You need your own hosting and to download WordPress from wordpress.org.

All the best,
Kris

More correct answer would be that no themes work on WordPress.com, except WordPress.com themes. All commercial themes must be installed on WP installation from WordPress.org on your own web server.

3429 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
sevenspark Envato team says

All the best,
Kris
More correct answer would be that no themes work on WordPress.com, except WordPress.com themes. All commercial themes must be installed on WP installation from WordPress.org on your own web server.

Exactly – this is a restriction imposed by wordpress.com, not a limitation of ThemeForest themes.

Self-hosted WordPress (wordpress.org) is free, you just have to pay for hosting & a domain.

no-thumbnail
yorkshiremumdays Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
yorkshiremumdays says

Thank you all for taking the time to help me! I’ll get started with WordPress.org!

by
by
by
by
by
by