no-thumbnail
yorkshiremumdays Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
yorkshiremumdays says

I am very new to all of this but I just purchased a theme and found I was unable to unload it to wordpress without upgrading. Do I understand this correctly? If I want to use these themes I have to pay $100.00 more to Wordpress as well? I missed this and now am stuck with a theme I can’t use :(

539 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
kriskorn says

As I understand – You are a wordpress.com user. Themeforest themes do not work with wordpress.com. You need your own hosting and to download WordPress from wordpress.org.
I request a staff reply. Maybe they can help you more.

All the best,
Kris

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

As I understand – You are a wordpress.com user. Themeforest themes do not work with wordpress.com. You need your own hosting and to download WordPress from wordpress.org.

All the best,
Kris

More correct answer would be that no themes work on WordPress.com, except WordPress.com themes. All commercial themes must be installed on WP installation from WordPress.org on your own web server.

3429 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

All the best,
Kris
More correct answer would be that no themes work on WordPress.com, except WordPress.com themes. All commercial themes must be installed on WP installation from WordPress.org on your own web server.

Exactly – this is a restriction imposed by wordpress.com, not a limitation of ThemeForest themes.

Self-hosted WordPress (wordpress.org) is free, you just have to pay for hosting & a domain.

no-thumbnail
yorkshiremumdays Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
yorkshiremumdays says

Thank you all for taking the time to help me! I’ll get started with WordPress.org!

by
by
by
by
by
by