• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

^ Have been part of this community for years and i can assure 90% of times i’ve saw people complaining here (including me) has been because changes are never (or constantly delayed) done, not the opposite.

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

We’re talking about a little bit more exposure on the home page, I think we’ve all accepted the way the site has been going as permanent, but eventually it will change. It’s basically just going back to how it was before, so it’s not necessarily a change – just going back to what worked well for everyone. Not sure why some seem like its all so doom and gloom. Just means things will get interesting, and more competitive. It’s a positive change, and we will all work to create a better marketplace for everyone.

405 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

I think that front page time is a far less decisive factor, then number of sales is. If sorting by sales (and sales number in general) would be turned off/removed, that would make a much bigger impact, then 5 or 10 or 50 hours on the front page would.

89 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
Webthemer says

I think that front page time is a far less decisive factor, then number of sales is. If sorting by sales (and sales number in general) would be turned off/removed, that would make a much bigger impact, then 5 or 10 or 50 hours on the front page would.

I totally agree with this!

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

Shoot, the front page/new items section means nothing compared to being a featured item. That’s where the real gold is… There’s a copious amount of sales, even when a “less than par” item is featured on the marketplace.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

^ I don’t think so. Files that haven’t sold so much won’t sell like crazy if featured. In fact, there are several recent examples of that. I got featured time ago and i didn’t notice any huge increase in sales, just a few more followers and a bit increase on overall visits on my portfolio. That was all. Maybe you will say: that’s because of the file itself, and that’s the clue. More buyers will see your file, but that won’t mean it becomes popular or better by magic.

Honestly, after all with discussion about homepage exposure, i don’t think it’s a core issue. External promotion is, and that’s were all efforts from Top authors goes.

203 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Israel
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
r0nka says

In my opinion the solution is to redesign the homepage. Also I think that the weekly featured format need to be changed, instead of having each product featured there for 4 weeks changing it to 4 files for that week. in that case every week there will be 4 different products.

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Also a top trending items would be nice but this was probably mentioned already. Something has to be done fast!

1181 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

Shoot, the front page/new items section means nothing compared to being a featured item. That’s where the real gold is… There’s a copious amount of sales, even when a “less than par” item is featured on the marketplace.

I hope that’s not about mine :p

To offer a little insight here, I’d say for me at least, being the featured item has added roughly 30% to sales of that item, however being the featured author seems to have added very little in terms of sales, much more in terms of followers.

Tom

451 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
pixeful says

I can’t give a link here, but for example, how can last hosting template on HP is accepted? This layout might be acceptable 5 years ago even in web design trends, but now? But on TF?? o_O seriously?

by
by
by
by
by
by