• Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

^ Thanks! :)

My point was .. we are not paying Envato 30% for a nice profile page and some badges. We are paying them for the ecosystem which should draw promotion. I shouldn’t spend a nickle or a minute trying to promote myself – that’s why i give 30% of my share to Envato – it’s their job.

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

I know what you mean, and you surely remember how that feels when you share about 50% of your item’s earnings… But anyway, let’s not walk away from the real subject of this topic. Let’s all go to churches, mosques, synagogues and pray that sometime in the next 20 pages (first 20 were not that lucky) we get a staff reply that actually makes sense and goes into detail.

106 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
onioneye says

Ditto.

I know what you mean, and you surely remember how that feels when you share about 50% of your item’s earnings… But anyway, let’s not walk away from the real subject of this topic. Let’s all go to churches, mosques, synagogues and pray that sometime in the next 20 pages (first 20 were not that lucky) we get a staff reply that actually makes sense and goes into detail.
5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

From the days when top level staffs halted their involvement with community and appointed paid staff for that section… well that helps staffs to escape from these nuisance of answering to the community. But when it comes to external promotions, Envato is eager to add the word “community” as an attraction force.

Anyway, Envato learned the art of dragging and achieving the economy and escape from responsibilities. This strategy is successful at least for the past 3 years. If I remember correctly, the only major change they managed to complete was GPL options after facing external pressures. So I guess the only force that will make Envato to keep their navigation balanced is – when external criteria makes them to do such things. Until that, we enjoy conversations between authors on forums – its a great feel to go through off topics!

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

And you surely remember how that feels when you share about 50% of your item’s earnings…

I remember how it was when i shared 33% (i don’t quite remember but i think that this was the starting point 5 years ago) from my earnings as well! :)

1215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

^ Thanks! :) My point was .. we are not paying Envato 30% for a nice profile page and some badges. We are paying them for the ecosystem which should draw promotion. I shouldn’t spend a nickle or a minute trying to promote myself – that’s why i give 30% of my share to Envato – it’s their job.

Now this is one of the most spot on posts i ever saw, this should be on that bar were bundles are! :)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Thanks! :) My point was .. we are not paying Envato 30% for a nice profile page and some badges. We are paying them for the ecosystem which should draw promotion. I shouldn’t spend a nickle or a minute trying to promote myself – that’s why i give 30% of my share to Envato – it’s their job.

+1 Especially for ThemeForest authors – considering the fact that making a successful theme is a time consuming process and requires huge attention on support.

844 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
ImanGM says

Not all of us do that. I don’t blog, don’t social, don’t ads, don’t self, don’t anything :D

And you have referred 200+ users to ThemeForest and it’s great to have this badge without doing anything :) I wish I can do the same :asleep:

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Not all of us do that. I don’t blog, don’t social, don’t ads, don’t self, don’t anything :D
And you have referred 200+ users to ThemeForest and it’s great to have this badge without doing anything :) I wish I can do the same :asleep:

You could ;)

Just use a custom preview frame for your items and put your referral there. I make around $100-200 / month just with referrals from the top bar – usually when you release a new item it will get picked up by a lot of dudes with their own WP review sites, etc. They will put a link to your item’s preview and a link to your item’s page (with a referral on both). But if a user clicks your item’s preview first and then hits the purchase button from your preview he’ll get referred by you and you with 30% by doing nothing :)

844 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
ImanGM says

usually when you release a new item it will get picked up by a lot of dudes with their own WP review sites, etc.

Thanks Ruben! :) But here is the point. Elite users are giving 30% of their profit to ThemeForest but it’s not the whole story. When our items are listed in ThemeForest, it will be on hundreds of sites which will advertise for us for free. And actually Envato is paying for this by paying 30% for the referral cuts to these sites.

So, being on ThemeForest does not mean only the homepage. There are lots of websites that will advertise for us when it’s about items on ThemeForest…

So I believe that you are not giving 30% (and me about 45%) to TF for nothing. Even if our items don’t stay on the HP, we are able to be seen…

I’m new here. Maybe I’m not getting everything as good as more experienced authors. So sorry if I’m wrong :)

by
by
by
by
by
by