• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Well actually 10.000 is as you sad just the first day, check the statistics over time of old items. Well actually check it in a week or so.

Its hard to get that yes, but overall you could maintain some average, and of course you have the pricing options as you please, discounts, packaging etc., monthly bundles et., some big players already went on that.

But that’s another topic. I’ll give this a try for a year or so, but if this trend continuous, I will definitely think of alternatives.

Don’t get me wrong I am in love in this community, but if you don’t have a bit of luck hitting the jackpot… then this becomes just a side earning and that’s not my goal.

O yeah and thank you for kind words! ;) Nothing personal this is just a debate… c&c for envato :)

1090 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

At this moment I can’t get this type of exposure if I spend the 30% that I “give” to envato. We are free to advertise our products elsewhere and pay for it, but that’s just another option we have.

+1

We don’t need our own promotion as our items will sell enough as a theme here in ThemeForest. Of course if we want more money, we are free to pay more for ads to make even more money.

553 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

Don’t get me wrong I am in love in this community, but if you don’t have a bit of luck hitting the jackpot… then this becomes just a side earning and that’s not my goal.
I haven’t hit the Jackpot too as you can see by my overall number of sales :)
But, between a Jackpot and being just a side earning there’s a big distance and I’m happy to be on that fringe these last months. And I think that a problem for a large number of complaining authors (and in this case I’m not referring to any of your previous comments) is that they haven’t hit any Jackpot yet… But, beware: I’m always working for a Jackpot item though :D
1364 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Actually I am still in the comfort zone, but I am following trends from the days when I was not an author, and things need improvement, since then, with respect to envato devs, things didn’t change that much.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Again, lots to respond to here, I will respond to as much as possible as quickly as possible, but please note that I will be dropping by each day, and perhaps multiple times per day, to ensure all the big questions here are answered. Keep the conversation coming. Thanks for understanding. :)

... Regarding specific upgrades/fixes that deal with the issues mentioned in this thread, I’m already in the process of finding out what more we can share with you. I will need to resolve that dilemma before I can report back, but already on it. I saw your questions here, great summary, thank you. :)
:|

No answer, Ok, I giveup! :D No longer needed any answer from staff. There are too many things to worry in life! Discussion about home page exposure are as usual a philosophical stuff. Finally I am tired looking these kind of threads! Sometimes getting tired is better than not getting tired! :P

I am talking to myself in the public forum! :D

1715 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

@VF They haven’t answered even the topic with the official WordPress changes, which were due to this november, I’ve already given up on waiting something to happen here. But it’s good to see other authors giving feedback.

It’s really a shame to see how the bigger Envato gets, the less they care about its users and community. Sad. This model can only lead to fail, lucky them there are no real competitors yet.

4504 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

It’s really a shame to see how the bigger Envato gets, the less they care about its users and community. Sad. This model can only lead to fail, lucky them there are no real competitors yet.

Envato needs to do something soon, cos this type of thing will make people jump ship and sell elsewhere if competitors pop up. If we new authors can’t sell here, they will go elsewhere.. and so will the buyers.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Envato needs to do something soon, cos this type of thing will make people jump ship and sell elsewhere if competitors pop up. If we new authors can’t sell here, they will go elsewhere.. and so will the buyers.

I think making improvements just to avoid losing members also not a productive thinking – that won’t fit. Regardless of such things, improvements should happen just as a commitment and realization of responsibility. When it is technically possible to arrange equal initial exposure time and not doing that for a long time just points how irresponsible both Envato as well as us authors ourselves.

by
by
by
by
by
by