SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
350 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Yeah you may be right. In the example I told you about TRUST ME, he got the exposure :D.

Anyway, the problem is not in redesigning the homepage if you ask me, but in releasing less daily. I wouldn’t mind having to wait 2 weeks for an item to get in if that meant that I would get the proper exposure the kind of work we all do here deserves.

Regarding marketing, if we were to do that on a full scale, what would the point of splitting all that money with Themeforest be? What are they offering except for exposure that you need so much? Nothing you can’t do yourself if you get well organized, the only pot of gold here is the massive traffic.

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Any official reply? This has nothing to do with the new search engine and whatever features you’re working on, this is even more serious. If it continues like this, I’ll definitely consider other solutions since it’s no longer reliable to add a theme on TF just to be removed from the homepage and WordPress first page within 24hrs. And I’m sure many more will follow.

Possible solutions:

- Improve quality and stop accepting multi-purpose themes with the same layout.

- Stop accepting submissions from new authors.

- Re-design the homepage and the review system, there were 2 reviewers 4 years ago too, the things changed and there was no change in the whole review process.

The way things are now are generating more revenue in long-term, however long-term it will kill the marketplace slowly, like templatemonster ;)

662 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

Eeem… are you sure you really mean that?? We were all new authors not long ago!

Though I agree, quality bar (I mean design, not only code) should be risen back to the point where it was 1,5 – 2 years ago.

255 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
PersianArt says

I am not agree with this, this is injustice to new author, you can see popular page, you can find several item that are first item of their authors but have good sale, by your suggestion themeforest deprive them that is not fair.

The truth is that some elite author forgot that they are not elite from the first.

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I only wrote about some possible measures. What I’d choose would be to reduce the overall number of submissions approved for every niche. Stop accepting 50 one-page themes with the same elements and variations within 48 hours, accept only the best 10. Same goes for multi-purpose themes.

If we check the WP themes, more than 70% of them are either one-page or multi-purpose. That’s not okay.

And regarding to the quality of the design, you can’t really expect a real estate theme to have the same typography as a portfolio theme because the purpose of a real estate theme or something based on more functionality rather than design is NOT to have the most beautiful typography and design ever, but rather to do its job and sell.

And about stopping the submission of items from new authors… Well, if there will be like 1000s of authors within 2 years, will you want this marketplace to become the new templatemonster? I certainly don’t want that. When they’ll have the power to manage 1000 authors submitting items at the same time and do their part of the job for the 30% we pay, they can accept 100000 themes a day, but right now they aren’t really doing much for that 30%. 30% for elite authors, the new authors pay even more.

They prefer getting 30-50% from 200 sales and 100 items rather than getting 30-50% from 200 sales and 10 items. They may get the same revenue in short-run, but in long-run the authors will leave because nobody wants to work a month or more only to have 50 sales in 3 months.

110 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
saputrad says

One of my favorite elite author :crying:

On topic – Any official reply? Any reason why staff are not replying this thread?

475 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
FlatKing says

I do agree that the quality of some of the stuff getting approved is just awful, personally think all the ghost themes (That i’ve noticed) look incredibly rushed and just accepted so themeforest can become the biggest ghost theme seller and not the best. That goes for Muse as well.

I know it was only a suggestion but stopping new authors submitting stuff just wouldn’t work. It already seems in favour of elite authors in my experience

19 posts
    Located in United Kingdom
tpfkyola says

Themeforest will become the new template monster and then another marketplace of higher standards will rise.

108 posts
    Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
themespirit says

As a yet unpublished Author this situation is slightly worrying.

I’m still currently trying to get my first item finished, and it’s probably going to be a few months yet as I am doing it in my spare time, so hopefully by that time things ‘might’ have settled down a bit.

All I can do as a new Author is to try and make what I do different from the slew of new ‘Multipurpose-business-flat-shortcodefrenzy’ sites that are flooding the marketplace.

Firstly, I’ve picked a category that is definitely not over-crowded and come up with a concept that is again pretty unique.

This narrow niche might result in reduced sales, I suppose that’s the gamble.

Only time will tell.

43 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SubatomicThemes says

+1 for an official reply to this thread.

I’ve been an author on here for about four years now and find it a bit disheartening that one of my recently approved themes vanished off the homepage within the space of a few hours. It was only a PSD template but still…

Don’t get me wrong, the reveiwers have all been great at dealing with and reviewing my submissions, but when you put so much effort in a design and see it dissappear off the HP in not even 24 hours, it kinda puts me off.

The exposure should reflect the amount of effort and time put into the product. After all, Envato take 50% of what I earn (well, maybe 48% ;) ).

by
by
by
by
by
by