1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Boomers says

I love themeforest and have bought over 15 themes between myself and my clients, however, I find myself leaving themeforest and going elsewhere. Why? Because all the themes look the same. For the most part, we have a big jquery slider on top., then a content area either 2 or 3 columns, and a huge footer that can be one, two, three or four columns. That’s it. I have a hard time finding a WP theme where that is not the case. Don’t you guys have something more original? Like I said, did like themeforest but am going elsewhere. Hope you take this as constructive critizism.

Happy New Year. Karen

1469 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Hi Karen,
Thanks a lot for taking your precious time to write down a critic ; it’s important for all of us.

Uniqueness is a very though thing to consider when it comes to “stock market”(At least, for some authors).
There are many authors who try to make a living here , and when they build a unique theme(sometimes it takes months) only a few buyers will say “yesss, this is what I’m looking for” and the remaining will reply “this is too bold for my client” unfortunately. I think this is the main reason.

Anyway, there are also many authors who don’t afraid to try something really new and bold.

We always need suggestions from you and other friends, so thank you once again.
Wish you the best.

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
rayoflightt says

Did you check creative category? There are themes mostly with unusual layout, without slider, with vertical menu etc…

407 posts
  • Europe
PaddyTaylor says

I think Bedros has it spot on – this is a stock market.

I believe you will find that in experience (and I could be wrong) unique template do not actually sell as well as the traditional multipurpose type ones. Plus even the “unique designs” do not remain unqiue for long.

The key thing is that what buyers are getting here is a building block, yes it is a complete website but it is not intended to be an out of the box solution (thats why custom jobs cost so much).

As a design/development professional or anyone taking paid for services from “clients”, the focus should be on creating what the client wants and exactly what is right for them. Technically if anyone wants more unique designs for their clients then quite honestly (please do not take this the wrong way) they should be designing/building bespoke and original sites and not using a template.

For those who continue to use templates for their work then it is not difficult to modify the great files available on here to remove sliders or create pages using shortcodes.

I am not arguing with what you have raised and of course it improves the marketplace to have fresh and unique files, my point is that authors know what works, their sales prove that, and everyone must remember the purpose of the marketplace.

by
by
by
by
by
by